GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Protection and Controls Engineer
Plant Systems Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Oakbrook Terrace, Atlanta, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Concord
The Senior Protection and Control Engineer is an established leader in the protection and control design team. Drives business strategy through the application of a detailed technical and economic understanding of the marketplace. The Senior P&C Engineer is gate keeper of quality and a leader and problem solver on projects, programs or process improvement efforts. Also serves as technical mentor resolving conflicts and certifying finished engineering products as proper and correct.
As the Sr Protection And Controls Engineer, you will:
* Utilize detailed knowledge of protection schemes used in industrial and utility substations including applications to transmission lines, transformers, and buses
* Demonstrate depth of knowledge to support power system studies such as fault studies, relay setting coordination, load flows, transient studies, protective settings calculations, and power system analysis
* Utilize expertise in various relay manufacturers and models, including their application and operation
* Apply P&C design fundamentals to customer-specific design standards toward the successful completion of project deliverables - especially when the provided standards are incomplete or unclear
* Apply P&C concepts to analyze events (RCA) by gathering and reviewing alarm and target lists, SOE reports, and oscillographic results.Skills to organize and develop test procedures including FAT, SAT, or special testing needed to prove out new technologies and the leadership to run the test teams
* Work with internal and external customers and diverse disciplines such as project managers, drafters, site leader, project engineers, and designers demonstrating inclusiveness to be a successful project team member
* Utilize advanced communication skills necessary to simplify and share P&C concepts with project team but also for formal and informal training of co-workers
* Demonstrate flexibility to learn new skills or apply existing skills in new ways necessary for projects in new or unique technologies
* Apply the engineering processes to vigorously support development of engineering automation tools
* Lead the process that acquires project scope, identifies customer design expectations, discovers site specific challenges/risks, and delivers a high quality collection of drawings and documentation that enables the successful construction, testing, and livening of a P&C system
* Demonstrate attention to detail to serve as chief reviewer of technical output
* Utilize balance of expertise and interpersonal skills to make judgments on technical conflicts
* Possess proven record of technical growth and top performance ratings
* Have a history of successfully completing stretch assignments
* Demonstrate self-motivation and direction to drive solutions at the technology and partner level
* Have cross business technology perspective
* Work on and with developing technology - shows imagination in application of new concepts
* Pursue advanced unique technical concepts in HV/EHV substation design
* Possess Detailed knowledge of technical regulations and standards in HV/EHV substation design
* Possesses significant career experience in power delivery systems
* Provides direction, oversight, and coaches other engineers as a technical mentor
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in protection & control design for substationsELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability and willingness to travel 20% of the time, including international, and must comply with all relevant company travel and tax policies
* Preferred GE office location is Oakbrook Terrace, IL or St. Louis, Missouri. Other GE offices may be considered
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
PLEASE NOTE: Oakbrook Terrace, IL is the preferred location, however other U.S. locations may be considered.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.