Are you passionate about devices? Do you want to work on the latest technologies that will fuel the next generation of innovations in the Windows ecosystem? The Partner Devices and Solutions (PDS) team is looking for a portfolio manager to manage and grow the commercial device portfolio with our OEM partners. In this role, you will product manage? The current and future Windows commercial device portfolio, synthesizing industry trends, partner roadmaps and internal product plans to develop portfolio plans that align to the business strategy and drive growth. You will own the 360-degree view of the portfolio performance and opportunities, digging deep to develop insights into where we are winning and where we need to invest to cover gaps. You will then work cross functionality across PDS, Windows Marketing, engineering and channel teams to develop aligned portfolio plans and design win pipelines.
This is a highly strategic, analytical and cross functional role that can have significant impact to the business. Specific duties include analyzing market data and developing portfolio insights and plans; working with account teams to land design wins; managing the portfolio performance status and communications; driving strategic and non-standard deals with investments and account teams; working with regions on portfolio heatmaps; driving portfolio rhythm of business.
Ideal candidates will have a blend of business and technical depth and have prior experience in the PC industry with knowledge of key technologies, particularly around security and virtualization. This role will often be partner facing requiring excellent verbal and presentation skills.
• Develop portfolio priorities based on opportunity matrix and other market insights aligned to Windows business goals
• Support account teams with market research and pitch decks to land the designs
• Own the commercial hero portfolio as part of Featured Devices Program, including evangelism to channel teams and device sellers
• Manage the portfolio rhythm-of-business for the commercial portfolio, including internal portfolio meeting and reviews
• Aggregate the OEM field portfolio heatmaps and develop feedback loop on pipeline to cover gaps
• Demonstrate a track record of clear strategic thinking, problem solving, data-driven decisions, and excellent business analytics
• Have strong excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Comfortable with multiple projects at once, able to prioritize and manage through ambiguity and achieve strong business results
• Executive composure, cross- group collaboration and communications skills
• Self-starter, highly motivated, team player
• 8+ years experience in a product management, product marketing or program management
• Technical or business undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree preferred
• Industry experience in the PC or device industry (OEM, ODM, IHV or ISV)
• Experience in a customer or partner facing role
Some travel will be required in this role to support field activities and partner meetings.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.