Job Location: Wilmington DE
- Acts as a liaison between Compliance and the business, and oversees complex control initiatives by developing, implementing, and following up on corrective and proactive action plans.
- Provides support by completing projects to implement policies and procedures in support of compliance auditors.
- Partners and communicates with Compliance on supervisory and other related activities.
- Ensures that all claims and administrative activities are consistent with company policy and insurance rules and regulations.
- Reviews internal and external audits, complaints and concerns with Compliance and the business and assists in developing corrective measures and implementation.
- Ensures that all relevant issues are properly documented.
- Verifies that action plans are implemented properly and timely.
- Escalates issues not being appropriately addressed to management and/or Compliance.
- Assists management with supervisory and oversight responsibilities.
- Acts as a controls champion within the business by supporting management in setting the tone for promoting good business practices.
- Consults the business related to proposed and implemented legislative changes.
- Seeks guidance and counsel from Compliance and Legal regarding complex controls related inquiries, concerns, and/or regulations.
- Coordinates training and communication with designated Compliance personnel.
- Reviews pertinent controls-related data on a regular basis with management and Compliance, and ensures that corrective measures are taken where applicable.
- Working independently develops criteria and ensures that complex, routine and non – routine processes and functions meet quality and performance standards.
- Evaluates and improves business processes and associate performance by effectively conducting quality evaluations for a complex set of functions to ensure process output meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Assists in developing criteria and standards in which to measure associate performance.
- Identifies trends, root causes, and quality gaps from the analysis of data to improve the customer experience.
- Continuously communicates areas of opportunity to the leadership.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of compliance principals
- Comprehensive knowledge of related company policies and government regulations
- Knowledge of Quality Management Principles
- 7+ years related experience
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to adapt quickly and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently
- Strong change agent
- Proficient in MS Office applications
If not based in Wilmington, ability to travel to Wilmington 50% of the time
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.