Sr Quality Assurance Engineer - Enterprise Common Components
Location: Pleasanton, California
Posted: November 17, 2017
Reference ID: JR-23080
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Framework Engineering Mission Statement:
Build intuitive, intelligent and scalable platforms that enable customers to orchestrate flexible business processes across people and systems
At Workday, configurability has been a core design principle since day one. This configurability is a significant differentiator, allowing workday customers to experience a significant reduction in total cost of ownership over our competitors. The Framework Engineering team is at the center of this configuration capability. We design and construct layered software components that are embedded within the Workday applications and extended as required. This team is responsible for the workflow engine, business process configurator, and numerous complimentary enterprise frameworks which allow Workday customers to do business in the cloud.
We are actively seeking the right candidates to oversee the quality of these frameworks and services using software automation techniques. Be on the leading edge of quality by joining us as move the frameworks to a service based model used by all of Workday's customers.
• Bachelor's or higher degree in a computer related field or equivalent is preferable and 5+ years of software automation experience
• Test Automation experience using one of the industry standard tools (Silk, Selenium, HP UFT)
• Technically strong yet functionally inclined to understand the technical without forgetting the user perspective.
• Clear and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong experience with bug tracking tools and procedures around logging and tracking bugs
• Good knowledge of QA methodology, testing techniques and approaches
• Knowledge of Agile and Test Driven Development.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
• Working experience with OO language, web services, and Enterprise Application software.
• Enthusiastic and confident individual with ability to work with various different teams.