Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications for this role
- Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor. Assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications.
- Utilize engineering tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Process Modeling, Design of Experiments, Mold Flow, SPC, software development).
- Lead small project teams as needed to accomplish project objectives.
- Monitor and report project costs including capital and cross-functional expenses. Estimate cost affected by design and/or policy changes. With supervisor, recommend capital expenditure and production methods for existing or enhanced products or processes.
- Study and recommend techniques to improve existing products/processes.
- Investigate new sources for raw materials or processes.
- With supervisor, formulate and recommend engineering policies and technical work in accordance with project and business objectives.
- Provide supervision to technicians.
Education & Experience
- Demonstrated experience on process validation and risk management for medical devices.
- Engineering depth and ability to understand product and process operating principles, control points and methods, design and process interactions and end user impact.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, documentation practices (cGDPs), be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to update procedures and modify processes to simplify complexity and improve efficiencies.
A Career that Matters
- BS engineering and 3-5 years related experience.
- MS engineering and 0-2 years related experience.
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day. Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.