At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer to support our Advanced Materials Division (AdMD) located in Oakdale, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The Sr. Quality Engineer will assume duties within the Elastomers and Specialty Chemical business unit and will act as the quality champion on global business teams. The person will drive continuous improvement of the management system to support all areas of the business and ultimately deliver exceptional value to our customers. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing key leadership role on NPI and MOC projects.
- Providing all necessary product quality support within the appropriate product family as well as cross-train within the division to provide backup coverage thereby increasing the overall effectiveness of the quality organization.
- Ensuring design, manufacturing, and quality requirements are met in the New Product Introduction Process. (NPI)
- Ensuring changes to design and manufacturing requirements are completed within the requirements of the Management of Change Process. (MOC)
- Investigating root cause and implement corrective action when necessary. (CAPA)
- Collaborating with business leaders in supply chain, manufacturing, laboratory, quality, and sales to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Providing support to appropriate plant locations to leverage common systems and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined quality, engineering, manufacturing and/or product development experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (STEM) from an accredited institution
- Experience in a compliance and regulatory role
- Experience working directly with customers in a technical role
- Certified internal auditor ISO9001, preferably to ISO9001:2015
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience developing, leading and improving a variety of quality management systems; e.g. TS169499, ISO13485, AS9100
- Leadership role in Business Transformation
- ASQ certification: CQE, CQA, CMQ/OE
: Oakdale, MinnesotaTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.