Quality Engineer III What you will do
This position plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials and products. How you will do it
What we look for
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, tests, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
- Design, develops and implements sample techniques, control charts, pareto diagrams and any other aspects of statistical process control (SPC) and problem solving.
- Applies SPC methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Performs quality-engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with requirements, including quality manuals and company quality records.
- Accumulate, organizes and implement all data generated through process control techniques or laboratory analysis. Coordinate Engineering changes.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- Develops new product quality plans as part of participation on cross-functional product development teams.
- Supervises any special project as assigned by Quality Manager.
- Interface with customers. Conduct on-site analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
Who we are
- Bachelor's Degree; Engineering or supply chain preferred
- A minimum of six years quality assurance experience
- Experience in ISO TS16949, ISO 9001 standards or Quality Management Systems and facilitating continuous improvement using formal quality methodology and tools.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated planning, problem solving, data analysis, GD&T, blueprint reading,
- Excellent organizing, interpersonal and communication skills with proven leadership skills and decision making abilities.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing procedures, production methods, shop standards, team building, SPC and modern quality assurance applications.
- Must have strong communication skills to work with employees and suppliers.
: At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.