Sr. Quality Engineer (Level IV) What you will do
Under general direction and within division policies and procedures, designs, develops and implements tests and statistical control procedures to achieve quality specifications for all manufacturing processes How you will do it
- Data Analysis using various statistical tools (regression analysis, ANOVA, DOE, frequency distribution analysis, etc.) of process data looking for linkage to scrap, line efficiencies, uptime, maintenance schedules, sku's. Equate process data to productivity/cost and use it to drive improvement.
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly database and reporting system for vital plant quality operating parameters. Issue reports (electronic or hard copy) from a real time system, which provides the plant or Milwaukee process data/information that allows a basis for daily/weekly/monthly business decisions.
- Process Control Evaluations. Determine special cause variations versus random variation in order to determine areas for reduction in overall process variation. Assist in bringing processes into statistical control before doing capability analysis.
- Establish specification limits for new products and processes that are statistically derived to ensure all product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- New/existing equipment process capability studies. The need for initial production sampling capabilities as well as samplings over longer periods of time to determine overall process capability improvements in maintenance scheduling, or problems with particular sku's.
- Design and run experiments to evaluate product outputs versus changes made to upstream processes.
- Design/acquire tools (hardware, software, programming, gage fixtures) for process control.
- Process Specifications Maintenance. Review, update and ensure that the most recent specifications are in place and that process control and capability to any specification changes in maintained.
- Interface with plant engineering and Milwaukee manufacturing engineering to provide testing and data analysis to ensure product and process performance.
- Conduct initial product qualification/validation runs for new products or processes.
- Design, develop and improve lab/plant test procedures.
- Facilitate and lead JCBGI process improvement teams. Ensure problem solving methodology is followed, teach quality tools (pareto, fish bone, various charts and graphs), track and maintain the progress of each team.
- Maintain gage calibration system. Complete R&R studies for gages, schedule outside calibration services where required, and maintain all gages on their required calibration cycle.
- Internal Plant Audits. Conduct internal plant audits for quality systems ( TS / IATF 16949 where applicable, product quality, lab procedure methodology, quality work instructions, record retention and present findings in summary format to plant and Milwaukee management. Issue Corrective Action
- Requests and do follow-up to ensure that systems are put in place to eliminate reoccurrence of the deficiency.
- Supplier Nonconformance System. Issue supplier NCR's, audit supplier facilities where required, do follow-up to ensure corrective actions have been installed at supplier locations to eliminate reoccurrence of defective product, and do random BQAL sampling of incoming supplied materials where required.
What we look for
- Supervise and audit work for accuracy of results or technicians and contractors
- Conducts metallographic analysis of grids, straps, posts and welds where required.
- Conducts training of lab procedures for all new hires and of existing lab personnel whenever methodology changes are enacted. Provides standardization procedure methodology.
- Log, follow-up and audit all SCO's/DCO's which affect, either directly or indirectly, any product or process quality attribute
- Update Process FMEA's for equipment modifications or new installations.
- Implement corrective actions for customer complaints.
- Make customer visits as required (routine or troubleshooting).
- NOTE: This is a general overview of the job duties, not a complete list of essential job functions. Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
Who we are
- Bachelor's degree in technical field required; engineering highly preferred.
- 6+ years experience in manufacturing environment required
- Prior Automotive OE Experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with TS16949 highly preferred
- Prior Supervisory experience is a plus
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.