Quality Management Consultant - Middle Market
Great opportunity to broaden your underwriting, coaching and leadership experience!
The QM Consultant is a valued and highly skilled underwriting consultant with a broad skill level in commercial lines underwriting. They are also an adept communicator. QM Consultants ensure underwriting guidelines are being adhered to and are a resource to the field and home office staff. The QM Consultant provides feedback regarding underwriting best practices and recommendations through individual interactions with underwriters, their managers, and underwriting process owners. Through the use of technology, data and other review methods, the QM Consultant provides an independent view of learning opportunities, and business fitness.
This role will focus on the Specialty GL business (70%) but also have additional review responsibilities across middle market (30%). Accountabilities:
- Partner with the businesses to provide consistent, independent and objective assessments of their books. Using Company and Business Unit underwriting policies and procedures, assess various transactions and processes for proper execution. Evaluate files against the established underwriting guidelines and consistently apply these guidelines in their reviews.
- Determine and share trends by analyzing the QM data against qualitative observations.
- Communicate and present findings to underwriters and management as a business partner, with a focus on adding value and driving outcomes.
- Provide process owners with process improvement opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of underwriting processes, procedures and automation: Stay abreast of changing underwriting guidelines. Attend monthly UW meetings and provide feedback as appropriate.
- 7 years of progressive experience in commercial lines underwriting across multiple LOBs.
- Relevant industry designation a plus (i.e., CPCU, RPLU, AFSB).
- Has knowledge of underwriting and compliance Standards, Guidance, and Tools to support the underwriting of profitable business.
- Demonstrates in-depth commercial underwriting, pricing and operations acumen.
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills and influencing skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with all levels of management.
- Coaching and mentoring aptitude a must
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Has a passion for continuous improvement and strives for excellence.
- BS/BA or advanced degree.
***Position may be filled at a different level, depending on experience*** Location:
The role can be based in any regional office, home office, or remotely. 5% travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD