We are Kerry. The Taste & Nutrition Company. We make products people enjoy and feel better about. And, we are growing. We need talented, passionate people who want to help us make the business better. People who expect better from themselves. People who care about delivering better for customers, their colleagues, the company and their own career. People who take pride in paving new paths to lead the business forward. We need great people who want to do great things. People like you, perhaps.
If you are high energy, self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and enjoy executing against the demands of a fast-paced high growth organization, then consider joining our team to help drive your career and Kerry forward. Learn more and/or apply at www.kerry.com/careers
Kerry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics . Description and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all quality functions including food safety, sanitation efficiencies, customer service, and overall performance of the quality department
- Lead and develop team members through training, communication, and accountability
- Demonstrate knowledge of product and processes, and their impact on overall quality
- Primary technical liaison with customers, vendors, and regulatory agencies
- Ensures compliance to regulations and standards
- Develop and maintain procedures which assure product and service quality including ingredient and packaging control, product testing and clearance, product disposition system and rework control, GLP (Good Laboratory Practices), Food Safety Plans, weight control, manufacturing procedures, aged inventory policy and may include systems and sanitation audits.
- Communicate and enforce Kerry standards in the areas of ingredient and product standards, process specifications, formula compliance, sanitation/GMP/pest control, and regulatory compliance. Develop and lead the plant Quality Improvement Program.
- Provide technical support and direction to the plant to address process improvements and customer complaint corrective actions.
- Investigate and introduce opportunities for new technology and efficiencies in the Quality function.
- Support co-manufacturing sites for additional sites in the US -Melrose Park IL Evansville IN, Sturtevant WI, Calhoun GA, Brampton Ontario
- Travel 50-75%
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an applicable field of study such as Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or similar Science/Engineering and 7+ years of relevant progressive quality and leadership experience.
- Experience in coatings, batters and seasonings is preferred. USDA experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated success with relevant GFSI standards including SQF, BRC, IFS, or FS 22000
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Food Safety regulations, FSMA, and industry and market trends
- ASQ Quality Engineer certification (CQE) or equivalent. Candidates may pursue this certification concurrently, but must be able to demonstrate competency with statistical analysis
- Six sigma and/or lean manufacturing experience is desirable. Ability to drive continuous improvement and change management initiatives
- Proven success in communicating with customers and responding effectively to quality concerns
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must have strong critical thinking ability along with analytical and problem solving skills
- Achievement in assessing, developing and retaining top talent
- Proven ability to lead with the following key competencies: Technical Expertise, Strategic Thinking & Influence, Process Optimization & Product Knowledge, and Leading & Managing Change
A little about us:
To delight and nourish consumers across the globe.