At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon is looking for a Sr. Quality Verification Assessor Planner for Corporate based out of Nine Mile Point Nuclear Station in Oswego, NY.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide leadership and technical expertise to personnel planning and conducting assessments/inspections for functional areas. ; Participate in audit and assessment activities and be accountable to train in subject areas in which they are appropriately certified. ; Plan, coordinate, monitor and perform on-line and outage Quality Verification (QV) inspections to comply with Company and regulatory requirements and commitments. ; This position works independently and may also be assigned duties as an Employee Concerns Site Representative.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conducts assessment activities of corporate and site organizations to assure program adequacy and implementation effectiveness including development of required plans, execution of required assessment templates, and providing input into final written reports and periodic exits. Provides direction and support for other assessment team members to ensure effective communication of all deficiencies encountered during the oversight conducted. ; Coach and mentor as needed.
- Determine manpower requirements for future projects & review with project managers the QV support requirements, costs, and workload for a given project/modification. Attend project and team meetings as necessary for purpose of planning, support and budget.
- Interface and collaborate with site and corporate departments to identify and ensure resolution of QV issues. ; Conduct field walk-downs to ensure inspections can be conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
- Develop, maintain, revise, and review inspection procedures to facilitate and enhance inspection practices and maintain compliance with codes, standards, regulatory requirements and commitments Performs special assignments as directed. May also perform duties in support of the fleet Quality Independent Inspection qualification and certification program.
- Develop QV inspection techniques for improving efficiency, reducing dose, cost and support conflicts. Maintain industry knowledge (OPEX) with regards to QV issues. Track and maintain QV qualifications current. Maintain certification proficiency through continued satisfactory performance of inspections. Develop and present initial and continuing training as requested.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor QV inspections to comply with Company and regulatory requirements. Review work packages to ensure compliance with inspection requirements. Supervise, plan, and coordinate daily and outage maintenance/modification QV activities including the development of schedules for shift coverage, manpower requirements, overtime, and managing the inspection function in a safe and cost effective manner. Coordinate the identification of contract inspectors required for outages, special projects, and high work load times, interface with preferred contractors for procurement of inspectors, coordinate in processing/training of contract inspectors for outage and non-outage work and provide contractor oversight in accordance with site and corporate requirements and expectations.
- During outages, through contractors, work assignments or actual performance: execute the planned inspections required by the related work planning and scheduling efforts done above.
Qualifications- Plan, coordinate, and conduct Performance Assessment activities as assigned
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.