For more than 100 years, Praxair has taken something as fundamental as air and turned it into ways to make food taste better, plants operate cleaner and more efficiently, breathing easier and entertainment more exciting - in short, to make all our lives better.
Praxair is a Fortune 250 company and the products and technology we develop impact more than 20 different industries. We're one of the world's largest industrial gases businesses, and you see our work every day, often without realizing it. SCOPE:
In this position you will be a member of the Electronics and Specialty Gases research and development team at the Praxair Technology Center (PTC) in Tonawanda, NY. You will engage and collaborate with Praxair’s region businesses, customers and suppliers to develop and commercialize novel gas chemistry applications, delivery systems and packaging solutions for its use in the electronics and specialty gases market.
Successful candidates should demonstrate strong leadership skills, a team-oriented focus, and be able to champion the innovation process to find technical solutions that meet the needs of our customers. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS: Salary and Job Level Commensurate with Experience Basic:
- Lead development projects from concept to commercialization
- Conduct resource planning for development funding approval
- Plan and design experiments and conduct data analysis in support of proof of concept testing
- Drive and direct pilot scale development and customer evaluations
- Provide regular program updates and recommendations to senior executive management
- Maintain alignment with development partners, commercial team and customers through all stages of technology development.
- Prepare invention disclosures and develop intellectual property for Praxair.
- Work with Program Development Managers to identify opportunities for and initiate new R&D programs in the electronics and specialty gases market segment.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Chemical or Mechanical engineering, Material Science, Chemistry or related technology field
- Demonstrated success in new product or process development and deployment
- Strong fundamental knowledge of process design, unit operations, fluid mechanics, and thermodynamics is essential.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to network externally
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time and work independently in complex environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5 or more year's of experience in new product or process development and deployment
- Prior experience in the industrial gases or chemical processing industry in a technology role
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing complex projects and collaborating with external partners including customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more computational tools, such as HYSYS, gPROMS, or CFD