At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon is looking for a Senior Radwaste Chemist at our Braidwood Station in Braceville, IL (65 miles SW of Chicago, IL)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage specific Radwaste / Chemistry programs as assigned. It involves managing the radwaste program, maintaining regulatory requirements, writing reports, managing special projects, training personnel, ODCM program, and participating in the GSEP and Duty rotation. This position will routinely function in a mentoring role and utilizes experience to function with minimal oversight.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Direct Radwaste projects and programs, which entails the review and analysis of plant data for processed water, plant walkdowns, and participation in troubleshooting plans.
- Provide leadership and mentoring in responsibilities to support radwaste programs and communication with the site. This will include developing others as backup support, vendor oversight, and providing guidance on key projects. Act for the RWE Supervisor in their absence on RWE matters
- Manage the ODCM Program, which includes all reports generated and maintaining program requirements.
- Receive & provide Radwaste related training, which includes preparing and delivering lesson plans. Observe and participate in classroom training activities.
- Participate in GSEP and duty rotations. Subject to call out as required in support of station requirements.
-4 year technical degree and 6 years plant experience, and 3 years as RW Chemist 2
- Achieved Chemistry Technician qualification with a minimum of 10 years plant experience and 5 years as RW Chemist 2
-2 year technical degree and 8 years of Radwaste experience, and 3 years as RW Chemist 2
- Chemist / CEDegree
-5 years Radwaste experience
- Individual contributor position. Direct, mentor, monitor, communicate and drive performance changes for specific programs as assigned. Ensures department participation in training and GSEP. Communicates status of Radwaste programs within Station organization. Directs and manages special projects. Participates in the Duty rotation.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.