At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plans and executes complex real estate and real estate related projects and activities. #CD# Provides extensive real estate support for Operations and other Business Units as assigned by the Director, Real Estate &#CD# Facilities and/or the Manager to whom supervisory authority has been delegated.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for planning and performing real estate and real estate related activities within the full range of real estate and real estate-related functions, including the acquisition of property and property rights, land and facilities leasing, facilitating the collection of rent receivables, identification and sale of property and property rights, property tax assessments and appeals, property management and other real estate related matters. #CD# 40
- Assists in directing/supporting Real Estate Reps in the day-to-day activities of real property and property rights acquisition. #CD# 5
- Assists in providing interactive support to Real Estate Reps in the areas of resource allocation, capability assessment, training, job assignments and performance appraisal. #CD# 5
- Negotiates complex contract and agreement terms#CD# prepares contracts, deeds, leases, easements and other real estate documents#CD# reviews and interprets property surveys, legal descriptions, engineering drawings, applications for facilities attachments, appraisals, other legal documents and environmental reports, and represents the Department in legal matters with in-house and/or outside counsel. #CD# 15
- Creates and maintains project files and documentation, prepares appraisals, conducts financial analyses, performs property inspections, conducts marketing activities, researches Company and public real estate and property records and files, interprets real estate and real estate-related documents, prepares reports and evaluations, and performs other necessary activities for assigned projects. #CD# 5
- Acts as a source of real estate information for personnel in other Departments and Business Units. #CD# 5
- Acts as a point of contact for governmental agencies and other external customers seeking information on Exelon real estate assets and projects. #CD# 5
- Act as a liaison or project manager with regional staff or contractors performing services related to Company real estate transactions and/or projects. #CD# 5
- Reports regularly to the Manager/Supervisor on the status of projects and transactions and achievement of performance goals. #CD# 5
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager/Supervisor. #CD# 5
- Acts as regional contact for external customers, railroads and municipalities for Exelon real estate related issues, projects and requests. 5
- Bachelors Degree or Real Estate Brokers License and 5– 8 years of business experience or in lieu of a degree 9– 12 years business experience.
- At least 3-5 years of real estate transactional experience involving knowledge of legal descriptions and standard real estate practice and documentation.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex projects, meet critical deadlines and assume primary responsibility for completion of assignments.
- Strong presentation ability and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office Applications, including MS Access, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project.
- Customer focused, professional and self-starting.
- Acts as a real estate related subject matter resource to internal departments and external customers relative to complex real estate related issues. ��
- No day-to-day supervisory responsibilities, but supports Real Estate Representatives assigned to complex transactions. �
- Determination of appropriate courses of action relative to real estate related issues is high. ��
- Independence of thought and action is high. � Responsibilities are diversified and complex in nature. ��
- Involves the understanding and application of utility related real estate practices and procedures and real estate industry best practices. � - Completion of specific tasks requires the exercise of independent judgment and decision-making authority. �
- Work is subject to periodic review.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster