Sr. Regional Accounts Underwriter (May be filled at the Sr. UW or RA level, depending on experience)
The Sr. Underwriter position in GRP is a dynamic position involving both highly technical underwriting skills and the ability to manage assigned client company's reinsurance arrangements. This position involves partnership with key underwriting and business contacts both internally and externally to ensure profitability of the block of business as well as strong sales and persistency results. Responsibilities:
- Ability to experience rate Life, STD, and LTD lines of coverage.
- Proactively manages largest, most complex book of business, advising clients on various risk and underwriting issues.
- Performs analyses on client's entire Life, AD&D, STD or LTD book of business.
- Assists in preparation of RFP responses.
- Gives client presentations at critical points such as at initial sale and renewal.
- Proactively develops and maintains excellent working relationships with sales and internal representatives and clients.
- Represents underwriting function on segment and division project committees.
- Trains other underwriting staff, here and at client companies.
- Manages department projects.
- Provide consultative services to GRP clients on presale cases. Consultative services can include rationale for risk evaluation and negotiation.
- Works independently with final decision making authority within assigned authority levels.
- May perform underwriting audits internally and at client companies.
- Actively participates in the analysis and presentation of client company metrics on a quarterly basis.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- 6 years experience preferably underwriting cases 1000 lives
- Reinsurance background preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Exceptional group life and disability underwriting skills
- Proven decision making and critical thinking skills
- Advanced job and product knowledge, work flow, product and system knowledge
- Project and process management skills
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Customer focused
- Takes ownership
- Solid team building and relationship skills
- Demonstrates integrity and respect consistently
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
***No Agencies Please***