Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Sr. Hardware Development Reliability Engineer, Pelco by Schneider Electric – United States – Fresno, California
Pelco by Schneider Electric understands information is critical to success, which is why we are singularly focused on the development of video surveillance and security solutions, providing our customers the information necessary to make real-time, business-enabling decisions. From the recently introduced VideoXpert video management platform to our industry-leading selection of IP cameras and accessories, Pelco is committed to designing and delivering a broad range of high-quality, IP video security products and systems complemented with an unparalleled level of customer support and services. Learn more about Pelco by Schneider Electric at Pelco.com.
What do you get to do as a Sr. Hardware Development Reliability Engineer with Pelco?
The qualified candidate leads and facilitates various Design for Quality and Reliability, as well as, Reliability Testing activities for the Pelco product development programs. The position works very closely with the project quality leader, program teams and other stakeholders, including our global partners, in completing required deliverables at each stage gate to ensure quality, reliability and safety is built in to our products, before commercial launch.
The position is critical in our pursuit to only sell products which are safe and reliable, exceeding customer expectations. This position reports to Pelco’s Quality Director and is located in Fresno, California.
· Participates in the development of detailed quality and reliability plans including reliability goals and test plans, to accomplish quality and reliability goals for all new product development programs.
· Leads/facilitates the DFMEA (Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), FTA (Fault Tree Analysis), WCA (Worst Case Analysis), MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) prediction, Design Margin Analysis activities along with the program team, to analyze and mitigate all the risks upstream.
· Is the subject matter expert for DFQ (Design for Quality) /DFR (Design for Reliability) activities, and supports the program teams implementing the required approaches during new offer development.
· Participates in product design and reliability reviews during new product development, to ensure robustness of product design.
· Conducts (or works) with partners in executing reliability testing on new and existing products – tests include Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Temperature Humidity Bias (THB), Salt Fog Test, Highly Accelerated Stress Testing (HAST) etc., to identify and mitigate potential product weaknesses (product failure modes) early in the development phase.
· Validates and tracks product reliability requirements through development – ensuring products meet reliability goals/expectations agreed in the early design stage. Candidate should have an open mind in driving improvements based on the risk assessment.
· Performs statistical data analysis, regression modeling, Weibull Analysis, hazard analysis, reliability target setting, warranty trend analysis and budget as appropriate for new products.
· Educates partners on MTBF prediction and various aspects of reliability engineering, including testing as necessary, to achieve the set-out targets for each product development program.
· Prescribes the various reliability activities for each program, review results and challenges partners, or internal teams, as necessary.
· Works very closely with complaint management ensuring lessons learnt from field experience are incorporated in the reliability test regime for new designs to ensure robustness of new products.
· Provides input to product functional specification based on voice of customer (VoC), warranty cost calculation and preventive maintenance program based on the DFQ/DFR analysis.
· Identifies and validates product reliability risks and works with design teams to mitigate them.
· Supports 8D investigation of all field issues related to manufacturing (parts, process, workmanship etc.).
This job might be for you if you,
• Possess a BS in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent educational background.
• Have experience in effectively driving Design for Quality and Reliability activities, e.g., DFMEA, FTA, MTBF prediction, Design margin check, Useful Life Analysis etc.
• Have excellent quality planning, decision making and leadership skills; are proactive with capacity to adapted to urgent situations.
• Have knowledge of quality tools and techniques including 8D, 5 why, Fish bone, SPC, etc.
• Have experience in reliability engineering (required) and must be familiar with common practices in reliability engineering: failure mechanism, reliability modeling/prediction, failure probability distributions, reliability by design methods, testing methods, etc.
• Have knowledge of mechanical drawings, electrical diagrams, and software architecture, required,
• Are a Certified Reliability Engineer/ Quality Engineer Certification (ASQ or equivalent), preferred
• Have knowledge and experience with materials (plastic and metals), electronics, and software/ firmware, preferred.
• Possess engineering management experience.
• Possess a strong work ethic with ability to deliver at times of high intensity workload to meet customer commitments.
• Demonstrate strong communications skills with the ability to influence organization to accept change and develop a quality and reliability culture within the business, and at the partner level.
• Have the ability/fortitude to make difficult decisions and ensure relevant and necessary processes/guidelines are followed even when such decisions may be unpopular.
• Have greater than five years' experience in similar role in electrical/electronics industry, preferably in video surveillance.
• Have demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Have demonstrated experience managing others as well as fostering a team-focused approach. The ideal candidate shall excel in the areas of communication, leadership, customer centricity, initiative and business centric attitude.
• Are available to travel 15% or more, including some international travel. We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.