Global Sales Engineering (GSE) has a direct impact on the way the Applications are demonstrated during the sales cycle. We work with expert Sales Consultants and Product Development teams to design, build, deploy and support the demo environments for Oracle Applications. GSE team is now looking for an experienced, energetic and innovative reporting analyst.
About the Position
This position is responsible for analyzing reporting requirements and producing a range of reports, scorecards, dashboards and other solutions that are critical to measuring business performance. This position will create new reports and enhance existing reports using Oracle's business intelligence tools.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
- Analyze and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets that may be disparate and/or unstructured
- Look for anomalies, oddities, and opportunities
- Perform ad hoc or deep dive analysis
- Identify and report/resolve data quality issues
- Identify areas of improvement for reporting, analysis, and data quality
- Determine what's hot, and what's not
- Compare demo activity performance between the regions to create competition
- Own the distribution of info to development management and the field
- Respond to one-off requests
- Clean, transform, validate, and model data to understand and drive business/performance results
- Design audience-specific reports and tools with consideration of visualization principles in order to share data in an intuitive manner
- Develop and maintain reporting standards and criteria, including responsibility for data and reporting integrity to the business
- Create and deliver monthly management reports and dashboards to leadership team with a focus on providing actionable insights
- University degree in; either Engineering (Production or Mechanical), Math's, Economics, Computer Science or comparable
- English Advanced proficiency and fluency (including writing) are mandatory
- 4 years relevant work experience
- Familiarity with Oracle's portfolio of cloud product offerings
- Solid verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for simplifying complicated analysis for key decision makers
- An ability to produce results in a fast pace environment with constantly changing priorities
- Prior usage of BI and analytics tools required; Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) is preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong analytical execution with an unprecedented degree of thoroughness, accuracy, and focus on both data cleanliness and integrity
- Dedicated consideration to a project's details, in terms of both numerical data as well as presentation precision and aesthetics
- Resourceful and takes initiative; able to solve problems in creative ways and understand which necessary stakeholders to involve
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.