As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Device Reporting team within the Device and Procurement organization is the enterprise source of truth for Device and Device Lifecycle Management (DLM) operational and financial facts and impacts. The Sr Reporting & Analytics Manager is a highly skilled and driven individual contributor with direct accountability for providing financial, operational and executive reporting solutions that provide leadership insights of managing programs, operational growth, savings, compliance monitoring, drive SOX compliant reporting for financial booking, and ensure the accuracy and audit-readiness of the program financials. This role requires strong leadership and management skills, strong understanding of all TMUS enterprise database structure and design, strong understanding of relationship among front-end, back-end and reporting systems, and strategic thinking to enable the generation of the most effective reporting solutions. Key reporting deliverables include: Executive Dashboards and Briefings, Financial and Contractual Commitment Scorecards, Program Accounts Receiving Billing, Inventory Positions, Write-offs, Promotions, and reports leveraged by Accounting to enable rapid business innovation.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Essential Functions
- 7+ years' experience mining data and developing reports using a variety of reporting/analytics software packages with an aptitude for learning new reporting software packages
- Exceptional technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop new solutions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing priorities & deliverables in a fast-paced, dead-line oriented environment
- Superior organizational, problem solving, and analysis skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and manage multiple priorities
- Able to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Able to write complex SQL using a variety of User Interfaces (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Teradata SQL Assistant, SAS Enterprise Guide, TOAD for Oracle)
- Excel (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, graphing, data connections, automation using macros and VBA)
- Conceptualize and design new reports
- Ability to perform data investigation (e.g., data source identification, feasibility of joins, determine data reasonableness based on business insights)
- Perseveres to locate necessary data and identify creative solutions to enable project completion, overcoming (at times) insufficient documentation and tribal knowledge environment
- Strong business acumen and sufficient Financial Accounting knowledge to be able to understand impact on P&L from reporting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Consistently delivers high quality timely work resulting in highly satisfied customers
- Passion for learning
- Task oriented
- Team player
- Doesn't hesitate to ask for help and brainstorm with peers
- Able to combine data across platforms using SAS Enterprise Guide strongly preferred
- Wireless industry background strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree. Business, Finance, Information Management or related field
- Additional experience considered in lieu of degree
- Gather complex data inputs from multiple sources, both internally and externally. Identify new data sources that will enhance business outcomes and support strategic and tactical objectives. Provide insight and guidance to leadership on the trends and drivers behind the results and prepare reports on findings.
- Assesses the needs of the business, prioritize projects and drive new reporting requirements to completion. Work cross-functionally as needed to enable data architecture and solutions that best meet the analytics and reporting needs of the business. Drive clarity on requirements and ensure delivery meets agreed upon requirements.
- Identify and communicate key insights to leadership team based on reports and analysis
- Work cross functionally in order to proactively and systematically identify and implement any enhancements to reporting and analytics processes
- Regularly assumes project/initiative responsibility
- Complete complex ad-hoc research, analysis, and reporting. Serves as a subject-matter expert on the team.
- Provides guidance to more junior employees and serve as team lead. May serve as Manager's proxy in his/her absence.
- Acting as a team lead and project lead, design and build reports and analyses that reflect complex program levers that directly impact product profitability, in order to support device portfolio strategy and Device Lifecycle Management (DLM).
- Structure, perform Quality Assurance, and deliver recurring reports and dashboards accurately and on-time (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Mentor team members in building and testing new reports to ensure and demonstrate quality and drive knowledge sharing
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.