Senior Research Analyst - Research Board
Senior Research Analyst (SRA) will work collaboratively with other analysts, the Research Lead and the Editor on CIO research studies. She/He will be expected to contribute significantly to these studies by conducting interviews, performing secondary research and taking responsibility for one or more key topics covered in the report. Additionally, the SRA will contribute to the success of the meetings hosted in the Asia-Pacific region and brief individual members when required:
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the evolution of the thinking and RB’s position on key issues covered in CIO studies by taking active part in research team meetings
- Take responsibility for identifying interview prospects in the region, draft invites, and conduct interviews
- Conduct secondary research and identify material that will advance the team’s thinking on the topic of the study
- Take responsibility for writing content for parts of the report, synthesizing information from surveys, interviews and secondary sources
- Contribute to the development of presentation material
- Identifying speakers for regional member meetings, and briefing them
- Lead discussion of findings at regional member meetings and at personal briefings to individual members, when required
- Ensure compliance with the research and associated processes, including keeping all records and databases updated
- Provide constructive feedback to peers
Job Requirements: What you’ll need:
- Business Acumen: Able to synthesize multiple sources of information (cases, reports, peer input), apply conceptual models, recognize patterns and draw and defend conclusions.
- Customer Focus: Confidently interacts with members, thought leaders and vendors whether over the telephone or in person. Develops relationships with members across multiple interactions.
- Organizing/Priority Setting: Capable of creating project plan and prioritizing workstreams necessary to lead a major part of a CIO study or the entirety of a functional board study with significant direction from editor.
- Problem Solving: Able to develop a set of original hypotheses from member input. Able to draw fellow researchers out to contribute meaningfully to research. Logically structures and communicates a plan to test hypotheses through secondary and primary research.
- Action-Oriented: Delivers high quality output, no matter what. Can identify and occasionally lead targeted change initiatives. Takes initiative to seek out such opportunities.
- Informing: Able to detect any issues that might contribute to membership growth or adversely impact retention during external interactions, and communicates them to others.
- Peer Relationships: Collaborates effectively across the Research and Programs members of project teams.
- Presentation Delivery Skills: Refined to the point where associate can conduct an interactive presentation of findings to a gathering of members.
- Presentation Content: Able to craft a presentation story line and create compelling visuals that demonstrate it.
- Hiring: Able to identify and assess promising candidates.
- Developing Others: Identifies and executes on opportunities to coach and develop junior analysts on team. Contributes both formally and informally to junior analyst development.
- Motivating Others: Builds relationships with colleagues provides "ear to the ground" to assist senior associates. Suggests solutions, rather than simply airing complaints.
- Ecosystem Development: Able to execute and enhance existing RB relationships. Able to develop new relationships for the RB's ecosystem
Who you are:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, preferably in engineering or economics
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in a research or consultancy organization interacting with senior business leaders and conducting impactful research on issues relevant to them
- Knowledge of IT trends and market dynamics would be an advantage
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office Suite - advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to coach others individually or as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Ability and willingness to work on short deadlines and handle multiple projects at a time.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel, PPT and Word.
Job ID 00014795
A little about us:
The world’s leading information technology, marketing and supply chain research and advisory company.