At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an experienced Sr. Research Analyst/Engineer to lead projects within the Digital Knowledge & Collaboration Solutions organization located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Sr. Research Analyst/Engineer will have primary responsibility for project management activities within the Digital Knowledge & Collaboration Solutions organization. In this role, he/she will utilize his/her project leadership experience to drive key department initiatives including new digital solutions which enhance productivity within the R&D organization at 3M.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading cross-functional teams to successful completion of projects that are large in size and complexity.
- Collaborating with R&D management, stakeholders, and project team members to coordinate the planning of multiple concurrent projects.
- Leading the design, testing, planning, and implementation of digital solutions.
- Providing training on existing project leadership tools and methodologies to team and others.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of project leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Experience leading the implementation of new systems using frameworks such as NSI (New Systems Introduction)
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or its equivalent from a similar professional organization
- Skills in project chartering, project plan development and documentation, communications plan development
- Familiarity with SharePoint development, user interface design, mobile responsive design
- Strong problem solving skills utilizing resources across departments and businesses to create solutions
- Demonstrated capability in dealing with complexity and ambiguity
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and consultative skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 5% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.