McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Technology Solutions provides software, services and consulting to hospitals, physician offices, imaging centers, home health care agencies and payors. We also provide interactive connectivity services that streamline clinical, financial and administrative communication between patients, providers, payors, pharmacies and financial institutions. Our solutions are designed to improve patient safety, reduce the cost and variability of care, improve health care efficiency and better manage revenue streams and resources.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Technology Solutions you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Seeking a Sr. Revenue Accountant for our Alpharetta, GA location. Position competencies include but not limited to:
- Drives Execution- demonstrates personal commitment and drive to set and then meet or exceed high standards and objectives.
- Decisiveness & Judgment – selects clear and sometimes bold choices from among complex alternatives in a timely, but fact-based manner.
- Mature Confidence – demonstrates self-awareness, and manages his or her emotions in the face of controversy, while staying focused on larger goals.
- Influences Others – promotes ideas and proposals persuasively, shaping people’s opinions.
- Innovative Mindset – generates and delivers innovative solutions in work situations.
- Customer Orientation – ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities.
- Builds Collaboration- Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work and business goals.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Contract Revenue and Revenue Related Expense Accounting – This person will be responsible for making sure Hardware related revenue and revenue related expenses are appropriately accounted for in a timely manner throughout each close. This person will also perform related monthly close duties and accurate and timely balance sheet reconciliations; provide internal/external reporting support and internal/external audit support. Interface with Finance and the business unit on revenue and related expense recognition issues. Liaise with technical accounting on contract reviews. Position will require usage of SAP as well as internal operating systems and actual billing/cash receipts data, to track and validate hardware delivery status and appropriately defer or recognize revenue and related expense. Heavy data analysis/mining/utilization to complete tasks such as cash receipts matching for cash basis recognition and billing data analysis to identify elements for deferral is required. Knowledge/use SAP is a plus.
- Reporting & Analysis – ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data related to deferred revenue and open contract elements that are requiring deferral of revenue. The hardware revenue accountant performs a gross margin review in conjunction with the monthly closing process, using the Hardware Gross Margin Report. This key report analyzes hardware revenue and expense at a sales order/customer level and calculates a gross margin percentage for each sales order which is reviewed against a margin expectation for each sub business unit. Margin outliers are researched and either corrected or explained in the report. This person will also provide analysis and reporting of multiple inventory accounts, as well as assistance with project work and/or ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
- Policies & Procedures – develop, implement, and maintain systems, procedures and policies to ensure proper internal control and compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including periodic control documentation updates and controls self-assessment testing.
- This position regularly interacts with financial and business analysts. Travel requirement is <10%.
5+ years accounting experience
- Minimum 1 ½+ years in an accounting close or revenue recognition role
- Experience with SAP, TM-1, Hyperion and/or similar platforms
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Communication Skills – communicates effectively through oral or written means
- Planning & Organizing Skills – effectively uses the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives (as results or outputs)
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- 3-5 years experience preferably with Public Accounting experience
- Microsoft Access experience preferred
- System Evaluations & Conversions – experience with evaluating systems for upgrade and/or replacement, as well as experience with converting general ledger systems is a plus.
- Technical Accounting Knowledge – demonstrates knowledge of and applies relevant US GAAP, emerging accounting and finance issues, other applicable or emerging regulation standards, and corporate governance requirements.
- Functions as a Business Partner – understands the internal and external issues facing business unit clients and uses that understanding to forge partnerships and achieve goals
4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience
CPA/CPA Track preferred
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.