West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Risk Associate
The Business Risk Office is the first line of defense to ensure our Company remains profitable and sustainably well-managed. As a Senior Risk Associate in Capital One's Card Business Risk Office you’ll be responsible for working with business partners, Legal, Compliance and other risk stewards to identify and consult on potential risks to the US Card line of business. Senior Risk Associates at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. As Capital One continues to evolve with the ever changing technology landscape and heightened regulatory scrutiny, so do our Risk Managers. In order to succeed in this role, a Risk Manager has to be well-versed in the laws and regulations impacting Capital One, forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technological savvy.
- Govern and support the Product-Practice UDAAP Risk Assessment Program for US Card
- Partner with Legal, Compliance and Operational Risk Management to identify potential risks to the Card business
- Document and manage risks according to Capital One Risk Management requirements and existing laws and regulations
- Identify and document appropriate compliance controls to mitigate potential risk to the Card business
- Monitor and oversee any remediation efforts coming out of the Product-Practice Risk Assessments
- Drive key risk insights through data and reporting
- Oversee monitoring and reporting of program metrics
- Manage process documentation and drive continuous program improvements
- Serve as a risk consultant to the US Card line of business providing advice, guidance, and effective challenge when needed
- Create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks and drive process improvements impacting the Card business
- Manage multiple tasks independently to meet deadlines
- Communicate effectively across multiple organizations and levels
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification or Military experience.
- At least 1 year of Compliance, Legal or Risk Management Experience
- At least 1 year of experience in Process Management or at least 1 year of experience in Process Improvement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 2 years of experience Project Management
- Financial Services Experience
- 2 years of experience in analysis
- Business Process Management, Lean or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.