At PayPal (Nasdaq: PYPL), we put people at the center of everything we do. Founded in 1998, we continue to be at the forefront of the digital payments revolution. In 2015, 28% of the 4.9 billion payments we processed were made on a mobile device. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them safely access and move their money and offering a choice of how they would like to pay or be paid.
With our 179 million active customer accounts, we have created an open and secure payments ecosystem that people and businesses choose to securely transact with each other online, in stores and on mobile devices. PayPal is a truly global payments platform that is available to people in more than 200 markets, allowing customers to get paid in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds to their bank accounts in 57 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 26 currencies.
The Senior Manager of Customer Experience Business Unit Risk will be responsible for executing and managing the following areas across the Customer Experience organization:
- Controls and Issue Management
- Partner with the business units to manage all controls and issues
- Engage cross-functionally stakeholders and build relationships at various levels of the organization to effectively identify and manage issues and control deficiencies
- Document and maintain business processes and corresponding controls
- Develop appropriate control environment to manage risks within the agreed / set "risk appetite and tolerances"
- Monitor internal control environment
- Identify, document and remediate risk and compliance issues in a timely manner
- Follow change management protocols as they are rolled out for products, initiatives, processes and regulations
- Manage issues for the BU ensuring all issues are identified, recorded and addressed in timely manner
- Conduct and perform root cause analysis for issues identified
- Partner closely with VP's and exec staff and run and facilitate monthly review sessions
- Provide management on status of risk and control environment
- Address all IA, SOX and regulatory findings that arise in a timely manner
- Manage and track all issues/findings to ensure appropriate functional stakeholders and business owners are engaged in defining the issues and management plans
- Provide on-going status tracking and ensure management action plans are closed out in a timely manner
- People Management: lead and mentor a team of Risk Analysts
- Develop, manage and generate reports/dashboards to provide transparency and visibility to trends, issues and control status for the Customer Experience business units supported
- Provide analysis and insights to key trends, risks and issues to management
- Support special projects and initiatives: special projects vary from strategic initiatives to day-to-day operations. Support needs will vary by project and will require strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communications, and ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- MS/MBA degree or equivalent and 12+ years relevant experience in payment industry, financial services, management consulting firms and/or project management or 15+ years related experience if without MS/MBA degree. 8+ years supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Responsibilities:
- 10 + years of experience with Risk Management and/ or Issue Management
- 10 + years of proven experience identifying/evaluating/managing risk and collaborating to drive issue resolution in partnership with key stakeholders
- Must be detail-oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to step back and analyze at a broader level, while still being detailed oriented, conscientious, thorough and accurate
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and client service oriented attitude and mindset
- Proven ability to work effectively cross-functional.
- Ability to work globally and cross-functionally and lead change in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to function well independently as well as in a team
- Be comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment where roles and responsibilities are still evolving
- Good project management and reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to completion and deliver quality materials under tight deadlines
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and run meetings
- Ability to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Ability to resolve complex issues and settle disputes equitably
- Ability to determine when to escalate to management and identify the right stakeholders for decision making
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills with a strong ability to clearly communicate via PowerPoint documents and present information to all levels
- Proficient with tools such as Power Point, Microsoft Project, MS Word, Excel, Access and Visio
- Some travel may be required
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.