Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We’re on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
The Sales Compensation Specialist position provides consistent customer service with each inquiry from the field and broker dealers regarding their life and annuity commission payments. Perform a variety of calculations and research to ensure the timely processing of commission payments for the field agents and broker dealers. Be able to reconcile discrepancies to locate missing payments as well as adjust errors. Perform daily/weekly/monthly tasks and ad-hoc projects as assigned. Must have the ability to multi task and work diligently to ensure that all issues and requests are resolved in a timely manner.
- Responsible for providing customer service through phone contact and e-mail to agents, field office and internal customers on a daily basis.
- Senior level subject matter expert, subject to minimal supervision
- Calculates, adjusts and processes compensation/commission payments for field/sales personnel and broker/dealers in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Receives and responds to inquiries and complaints from the field and broker/dealers regarding payments. Researches, determines, calculates and processes necessary adjustments.
- Conducts basic research and/or participates in special studies, assists in modeling future short & long term financial results, reconciles actual results against projections and explains variances.
- Reconciles moderate to complex discrepancies, which require the collection and review of payment histories to locate missing payments and/or locate errors.
- Works on financial analyses assignments or projects of a routine, basic to moderate level of complexity, dependent upon position and learning curve.
- Maintains and revises procedures as needed to ensure proper documentation exists,
- Tracks and reports all exceptions.
- Bachelors Degree
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- Math skills and Research skills
- Keyboarding and data entry skills
- Organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Customer Service skills
- Uses sound business judgment
- Communication skills
- Knowledge of producer, management, and broker/dealer compensation programs and methodologies preferred
- Working knowledge of the Company’s computer and compensation systems preferred