Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, going beyond being a company that makes the world's best chips to one that also delivers wonderful experiences for people.
With help from talented employees like you, we will tightly integrate hardware, software and services into compelling experiences in pursuit of our mission, and utilize the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
It's an exciting time to join Intel Security Group!
With its Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence, Intel Security is intensely focused on developing proactive, proven security solutions and services that protect systems, networks, and mobile devices for business and personal use around the world.
Intel Security combines the experience and expertise of McAfee with the innovation and proven performance of Intel to make security an essential ingredient in every architecture and on every computing platform. Intel Security's mission is to be the primary security partner for the world's top 2,000 companies. About this position...
This position will be located in the Eastern US Region
The Senior Security Engineer (SE) will work within a pre-sales team alongside the regional sales team to provide sales support of Intel Security's Enterprise Security product line to existing and prospective fortune 200 customers in the designated territory. The SE is an integral part of the sales organization driving the technical aspects of the campaign. They will work closely with account managers, channel account managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements. What you will do...
Participate in sales calls, conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, executing proof of concepts and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show the value of Intel Security's solutions.
Provide exemplary Pre-Sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, product demonstrations, proof of concepts, consistent communication, and on-going technical consultation
Play a pro-active "Technical Account Management" role within your target accounts including relationship and business development activities and escalating technical issues that may arise.
Very importantly, be a TEAM player!
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants. Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline including 3 years of related technical experience in the computer industry in areas of computing security, networking, SOC operations and management or data center operations.
At least 5 years in a System Engineering role for a major software or hardware computing vendor. Additional Qualifications:
At least 3 years of experience in one or more of the following:
- Established Pre-Sales skills and experience with a software or hardware provider.
- Demonstrated technical skill and experience within the computer security industry including, but not limited to, malware prevention and endpoint detection and response (EDR) technologies, gateway and network intrusion prevention capabilities, data protection and/or cloud enabling technologies.
- Specific expertise in the areas of web gateway / proxy protection technologies, cloud enabling / CASB technologies and data protection capabilities.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with experience presenting in a wide variety of circumstances including seminars and conferences with large audiences.
- Strong written skills to support customer communications and the planning and execution of RFPs/RFIs.
- The ability to work cohesively with the sales/SE team, making and keeping commitments, as you work to achieve yearly sales booking targets.
- Existing knowledge of Intel Security technologies that may include endpoint and network data protection, encryption, McAfee Web Gateway and McAfee
- Network Protection System.
- Strong knowledge of the local market including trusted relationships within the security groups of the larger enterprises of the territory.
- High-energy, self-motivated individual with outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.