Come be part of one of the fastest growing and most exciting businesses in Microsoft. The world of Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly and Microsoft is well positioned to grow our leadership position through cloud and smart devices built on Windows 10.
The CDS (Consumer & Devices Sales), former OEM, Division of Microsoft is hiring a leader for the Americas IoT Devices Experience Sales team based in Redmond, Washington. This is a senior role reporting directly to the General Manager, IoT Device Experience Sales & Marketing and is chartered with leading Americas (US, Canada and LATAM) sales management functions for the IoT Devices & Services, including Partner management, Channel demand generation programs and sales readiness. The Americas sales team is one of four regional sales teams, the other three being EMEA, APAC and Japan. The Americas sales force comprises of account managers, who directly manage OEM partners, a channel exec who is managing the broader ecosystem including regional distributors as well as the broader IoT partner ecosystem and Principal solution Specialists who drive top Cloud opportunities within the region.
Microsoft is targeting its Embedded & IoT platform products, as well as its Cloud offerings to a wide range of devices categories, primarily focusing on Point of Sale, Digital Signage / Kiosks, ATM, Industrial Automation, Medical Devices, Smart Home/Building, Gateway, Security & Surveillance, Thin Client & Industry Tablets. This position is responsible for driving our IoT strategy for the Americas and ensures that it supports the strong growth expected in the IoT business. The Director, Americas IoT Device Experience sales Lead will:
• Deliver sales and market share growth with smart devices by exceeding defined regional revenue growth targets, market share, and partner satisfaction across our Americas Channel Partners
• Effectively leverage relationships with key partners in a complex ecosystem, including component, silicon and System Integrators
• Drive business transformation with our Managed Channel Partners including delivering opportunities that drive cloud (Azure) and Microsoft services attach
• Drive scalable and programmatic breadth sales and revenue growth and execution of breadth programs and process in the Americas working with the Global Channel sales team and Global distributor partners
• Manage team revenue attainment, CPE, WHI, Scorecard and TLI attainment, and support the regional sales team on key customer and contractual engagements
Other responsibilities include:
• 10% international travel
• Participation and representation of Microsoft at industry trade events
• Presentations to executive management within Microsoft
• Relationship management with “CxO” level executives from managed partners, Global Distributors in region as well as with new emerging IoT Partner types including ISVs, ODMs and Solution Integrators
The role is highly collaborative across Microsoft organizational boundaries including product development organizations and supporting functional groups (Legal, Operations, Policies & Programs, Finance).
Qualifications: Candidates should have demonstrated experience in strategic channel sales management including program design and roll-out, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate will possess 6-8+ years of international sales and marketing experience managing a two-tier distribution channel with a focus on technology and/or intellectual property licensing.
Education: University degree in Business or Scientific discipline and MBA preferred.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.