Pursue your passion for identifying opportunities and winning. Fuel your passion for finding greater reward. Insurance Sales is what you do, but it's only a piece of who you are. At The Hartford, we empower you to expand upon both.
The successful Seattle based
Small Commercial Sales Rep candidate will work with existing and prospective Independent Agencies to develop profitable business and sources of new business. The Small Commercial Sales Representative will be responsible for the building and execution of an effective Agency Management sales plan to achieve maximum production and profit goals in assigned territory. Description:
- Personal meetings and telephone contact with agents, meeting or exceeding sales objectives in growth, and a mix of business and renewal retention in assigned territories.
- Management of the territory, including compiling and evaluating competitor products, rates and activities and offer appropriate recommendations.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of underwriting territory, including source and nature of agents' business.
- Maintaining sales administration responsibilities through timely reporting and expense management.
- Creates demand and enables agents/producers to maximize the flow of desirable business to meet or exceed Hartford financial goals in the territory
- Follows disciplined sales process and ensures consistent execution of Sales Excellence principles.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of an assigned territory, including the right number and mix of agents/producers who have the market opportunity to meet Sales Rep territorial financial objectives.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of industry practices, market conditions and competitor information to position the agency to maximize business development. Align Hartford strategies and support (tools, initiatives, resources) to continually increase market share.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with agents/producers in an assigned territory to meet or exceed the financial objectives for that territory.
- Enables agents/producers to maximize their revenue through the sale of Hartford products and services by providing tools and information that differentiates The Hartford and its overall value proposition from competitors.
- Exercises discipline and focus around flow management to ensure adequate flow and acceptable mix of business to meet agency and company growth and profit objectives.
- Creates call plans to prioritize and leverage agency contact and activity to ensure sustainable flow of desired business.
- Builds actionable Agency Sales Plans that align with Hartford financial objectives for growth, retention and profit. Utilize data tools to monitor plan results, communicate, and implement actions.
- 3 years of Small Commercial P&C market experience, product knowledge and sales skills; underwriting knowledge is beneficial.
- Proven outstanding sales performance; should be a highly driven and self-motivated individual with a strong desire to win.
- Experience with Agency training.
- Technologically savvy (e.g. Microsoft tools such as SalesForce, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to motivate people.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Company car will be required and a valid Driver's license is required.
- Ability to travel.
***This position may be filled at a different level, depending on experience***
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression