The Sr. Sales Specialist/Representative will promote approved products in the assigned therapeutic area portfolio to prescribing HCPs in assigned territory.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with target HCPs.
• Deliver MLR approved, education-focused messages, as well as the assigned therapeutic area disease-state information to target HCPs.
100%: Business Planning/Execution
• Enhance HCP awareness of Shire products clinical data, safety & efficacy.
• Equip HCPs with appropriate tools to facilitate a robust conversation, enabling them to teach their patients about the assigned therapeutic area.
• Build HCP knowledge and confidence in identifying treatment gaps in all domains.
• Increase awareness of the assigned therapeutic area, and help HCP identify treatment gaps in diagnosed patients.
• Expected to achieve call activity and adherence targets; as well as financial goals for assigned territory.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a scientific field.
• Minimum of two years of pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent are required.
• Minimum of two years of specialty pharmaceutical experience or equivalent required, preferably in the assigned therapeutic area.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions and commercial managed care; experience selling within healthcare institutions preferred.
Other Job Requirements:
• Continuous market based travel required.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.