Sr. Sales Strategy and Operations Analyst
Location: San Francisco Bay Area only; and must be willing to commute into the SF (80% of time) or San Jose (20% of time) office throughout week
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated Sales Strategy and Operations Analyst. This individual will play a critical role in the Global Sales Operations team. Primary responsibilities include identifying forecasting trends and analysis to provide better visibility into the business. This individual will also help drive reporting and analytics on company key indicators. In addition, this individual will be involved in key projects and deliverables of the Sales Operations team: yearly business planning, pipeline analysis, go-to-market coverage optimization, addressable market analysis, etc.
The successful candidate will be an analytical rock-star that can balance operations with strategy and planning and is not afraid to ask difficult questions and proactively seek the answers for them. One will also be able to analyze large quantities of data, quickly synthesize the value-add recommendations and confidently present to our senior leadership team. Last but not least, a rolling up your sleeves attitude is very important - Splunk is a very lean and entrepreneurial company.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Design, build, and implement a consistent global analytic infrastructure and processes for managing our business
- Analyze the health of the business, interpret key performance metrics, and provide observations and insights
- Craft plans to address pronounced weaknesses or areas of opportunity
- Present recommendations to senior management for strategic decision making, operational change and investment
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 6+ years of experience in a sales operations role in an enterprise software company.
- 2-3 years of experience supporting a sales VP
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches, and with multiple competing deadlines. Strong work ethic
- Operates with the mindset on how to help the business and understands the impact of their work on the organization's mission and strategies
- Proactively identifying potential issues or challenges to the business and exercises judgement on best course of action
- Ability to run a project independently once framework and structure has been provided
- Able to identify which cross-functional groups need to be engaged and recommend best approach to gain their consensus
- Ability to be highly productive with minimal oversight from senior management
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to present technical content to general audiences
- Willing and able to roll-up the sleeves to get things done
- MUST live in or near Splunk offices in San Francisco or San Jose (and must be willing to commute into the SF (80% of time) or San Jose (20% of time) office throughout week)
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics). MBA a plus.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.