We are looking for a Senior Satellite Network Engineer to join our team in Lake Forest! You will provide oversight to maintain correct technical operations of Panasonic's eXConnect satellite network. This includes designing major satellite network updates, monitor system performance and diagnosing, fixing and reporting on systemic network problems.
Major Responsibilities include;
• Designing operational system updates
• Create, analyze, and design operational updates to the Ku satellite network such as map files, configuration files, and regulatory files that ensure continued operation at the highest efficiency.
• Lead trade study analysis on satellite system design and the most efficient use of capacity by performing RF analysis of the system components.
• Support, design and testing of new products and services in the lab and field.
• Technical focal to resolve operational issues
• Oversee/own and resolve complex technical issues with the operations of satellite network. Responsible to drive issues to closure.
• Manage technical issue resolutions that require cross functional team work.
• Provide Level 3(high level) technical support to the Operations Center.
• Review and monitor operational performance
• Generate, review, and design periodic performance metrics that ensure the proper operation of the eXConnect network.
• Work with the operations center to investigate network problems.
• Coordinate PAC interaction with GCS partners
• Lead the coordination of equipment, network and process change introductions with internal PAC departments and indentify systemic issues with 3rd party vendors.
• Deploy and configuration control of system updates
• Generate, review, and approve the technical requirements and plan for deploying updates to the system.
• Maintain configuration control of software and hardware interoperability requirements.
• Process Improvement
• Work to continuously improve the efficiency of GCS.
• Oversee automation of processes.
• Maintain detailed documentation of network configuration and decisions
• Extensive proven experience with satellite system design including.
• iDirect modems or equivalent modems including both system operations and air interface
• Satellite Link budgets, RF analysis, and coverage areas.
• Knowledge and familiarity with the following
• DVB-S2/S2X, TDMA, SCPC
• Automatic Beam Switching
• Antenna theory and design
• Possess strong team building skills that allow you to lead people from other groups for which you do not have authority.
• Independent problem solving skills, must be well-balanced with understanding of system/business vs. customer goals to ensure the best technical and business solution is reached.
• Works on complex issues with minimal supervision.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Proficient in both Windows and Linux.
• Possess excellent communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to effectively
• BS EE or 4 year technical degree is required (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering, Physics, Mathematics). MSEE preferred.
• 6+ years of experience with satellite systems and RF engineering.
Location/Division: 26200 Enterprise Way, Lake Forest, CA 92630, USA Job Requisition: 1603119
A little about us:
Our people are the driving force behind passengers’ amazing entertainment experience and customers’ robust business platform.