PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Scheduler is accountable for accurately scheduling and nominating all physical transactions completed by the Fuels Traders. The Senior Scheduler will obtain an accurate forecast thereby allowing the management of transportation, storage and balancing contracts to an elevated level, as well as becoming a viable backup for all other schedulers within the Fuels group. The Senior Scheduler will also be expected to demonstrate leadership by training & mentoring others, identifying and leading process improvement initiatives, being a key contributor to business development initiatives, negotiating transportation & storage agreements and enabling agreements. Senior Schedulers are expected to maintain relationships with key counterparties and participate in key trade associations to gain market intelligence and facilitate commercial activity.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Accurately schedule/nominate receipt and delivery of physical commodity based on any Fuel Traders’ transactions.
· Manages fuels scheduling functions, ensuring accurate and timely nomination of gas supplies and delivery schedules for all fuels. Oversees, trains and mentors other schedulers.
· Develops and maintains up-to-date fuel delivery contingency plans to be used during supply/transportation disruptions from adverse weather or peak network demands.
· Manages seasonal/monthly/daily forecast and storage levels to ensure minimal storage fluctuations thereby minimizing all associated costs.
· Reconciles commodity invoices for demand, transportation, storage and usage components
· Negotiates transportation, balancing and storage contracts. Assists with business development initiatives. Partners with Credit and Legal to negotiate enabling agreements.
· Manages transportation, balancing and storage contracts utilizing knowledge of applicable tariffs and rates for assigned utilities and pipelines.
· Interact effectively with other members of Constellation to develop broader regional and portfolio management strategies and coordinate execution of transactions
· Develops and maintains relationships with key suppliers and service providers. Has the ability to participate in projects as a “subject matter expert”.
· Interacts effectively with internal departments to insure transaction compliance.
· Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, engineering, business administration or equivalent experience
· Strong analytical orientation
· 5-10 years prior scheduling experience in one or more energy commodity, e.g. coal, oil, natural gas, electricity.
· Ability to perform in a changing environment under stressful conditions
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
· Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products
· Post-graduate degree in Business or Economics
· Prior scheduling experience for both retail and wholesale transactions
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.