Sr. Scientific Programmer AnalystDuration:
1 Year Contract (Likely to extend/convert)
This biopharmaceutical company is leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Their purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - they look for talented people to grow their business, advance their science and contribute to our unique culture.Job Description
- Work with scientists to build quick turnaround tools to facilitate generic workflow capabilities of scientific data management
- Maintain existing scientific system protocols and scripts on demand.
- Assist vendors to implement new release update, develop and deploy new or enhanced protocols
- Provide on demand data processing and transfer using PL/SQL procedures, shell scripts, wrapped up in cron jobs on Linux hosts, and etc
- Create and implement new data processing templates
- Provide end user support on data upload and search using existing templates and forms
- Utilize Excel (Macros) as the basis for processing discovery research data and data visualization
Desirable Skill and Experience
- Experience working with Excel Macros to create data visualization templates
- Demonstrated experience with protocol development and maintenance for at least one of following scientific systems: Activity Base , Dotmatics, Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN), Spotfire, and biologics registration systems
- Experienced with KNIME, Pipeline Pilot, PL/SQL, VBA, Perl, Python, Linux Shell Scripting ,R, MatLab, HTML, or any other similar script languages (Python preferred)
- Basic understanding of the drug discovery process and chemical/biological data structures
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Relational database development with Oracle, or MySQL, and etc.
- Understanding and knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 3+ year working experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Have both hands-on lab experience as well as computer/programming skills.
- Understand the complexity of pharmacology (PK/PD) data structures
- Webpage design and Web-based application development
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated experience of interacting with end user to gather requirements and business needs, and ability to perform designated tasks in a timely manner
- Proactive approach to customers' needs and ability to design and demonstrate solution plans to improve current workflows
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced research environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly motivated self-starter
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.