About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This position within the Better Breathing design group will be responsible for the formulation development, process development, scale-up, and technical transfer of new consumer healthcare products. Included will be the responsibility for the pharmaceutical product development across a broad range of global respiratory programs. He/she must demonstrate strong technical ability and be able to apply innovative approaches and technologies. The position has no supervisory responsibility, however, individual will lead programs, cross-functional teams and operational initiatives and provide technical guidance to other junior level product design scientists/technicians in executing development projects. The individual must also possess a high degree of empathy for consumers and have passion for developing optimal products/packaging that fit consumer needs and lifestyles.
1. Product Design;
- Independently, design and initiate studies to support prototype development, validation activities, investigations, product chemistry evaluations to facilitate BB product development.
- Play a major role in transfer of technology to both internal and 3rd party manufacturing facilities.
- Perform data collection and analysis, discuss conclusions regarding progress of work, and effectively communicate information to supervisor in the form of discussions and reports.
- Author protocols, reports, and other technical documents (i.e. FLF, specifications) as part of the product design and technology transfer process. Author documents for regulatory submissions.
- Establish and monitor developmental stability programs to assess viability of dosage forms.
- Evaluate new ingredients/equipment/technology and assist in making recommendations to support core products, product improvements and/or line extensions. Aggressively pursue intellectual property and patent applications.
3. Aligning with Marketing
- Interact with Marketing and Product Research functions on project, innovation and consumer insight related activities.
4. Problem Solving
- Solve problems using multiple problem-solving tools and techniques using appropriate resources, personal knowledge, experience, and available data.
- Present information on issues to leadership with recommendations on next steps.
5. Organizational and Talent Development
- Coach and mentor junior level staff
- Assist in training junior level staff and guide the work of these individuals on the development team.
Serve as an area representative, or lead local project teams, technology transfer teams, task forces or committees as required.
A degree in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Science or Technology, Chemistry or related field with minimum experience requirements listed below or equivalent work experience is required.
BS degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
MS degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
• Experience with/knowledge of NDA and/or analogous submissions to ex-US governmental boards of health
• Possesses proven written and oral communication skills and organizational skills.
• Formulation design, development, process development and technology transfer knowledge and experience is required.
• Broad experience in compounding and processing solid oral dosage forms.
• Knowledge of non-conventional, consumer friendly dosage forms is a plus.
• Experience with/knowledge of NDA and/or analagous submissions to ex-US governmental boards of health is a plus.
• Candidate will be strong technically with an ability to interface with external partners.
• Strong technical mentor for more junior scientists.
• An awareness of recent advances relevant to formulation development and drug delivery.
• The ability to employ risk management in decision making.
• Scientific creativity and a passion for developing optimal consumer healthcare products.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate.
Ability to lift modest weights (to 25 pounds) and sufficient dexterity to operate equipment are required.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Business Travel of approximately 10-20% will be required.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.