The position is for a senior scientist within the Global Food Structure and Ingredients Science team which is part of the Global Functional team on Product. The successful candidate will lead key work-streams which requires a high degree of creative technical thinking to deliver business-relevant technical unlocks, leading to new in-market executions protected by a relevant IP strategy.Job Duties:
- Lead key project activities within the Global Structure and Ingredient Science programme
- Leverage available scientific and technical insights, and collaborate with internal and external SMEs to formulate hypotheses as the basis of projects
- Interpret experimental results, leading to the generation of fresh development hypotheses and recommendations for future plans
- Manage a programme of experimental studies and trials within PepsiCo and third parties including: universities, external consultants and research institutes
- Write internal technical position statements on various subjects, based on hypotheses built on scientific insights and R&D activities.
- Define and execute strategies to manufacture product prototypes to challenge hypotheses and illustrate technical possibilities and assist in determining development directions
- Ensure completion of technical R&D documents for new materials, products and processes as relevant.
- Identify suitable ingredient vendors and establish collaborative working relationships, ensuring that PepsiCo IP is appropriately protected.
- Provide creative innovation solutions to technically complex issues to meet project objectives
- 5+ years experience in the field of Cereal / Starch science with 2+ years experience in food industry or Post graduate with degree in Food Science preferably Cereal / Starch Chemistry or related discipline
- Excellent understanding of Cereal / Starch science and Cereal / Starch characterization
- Self-starter with strong self-motivation to drive for results in an innovative, inquiring and scientifically robust manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and negotiate effectively across all functions of the organization
- Excellent presentation skills (written & verbal)
- Strong analytical skills - ability to interpret complex data and distil into useful and actionable information.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues/solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products, processes or methods and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Passion for creativity, innovation and processing technology within a commercially driven environment
Not Eligible for Relocation