• Independently develop and validate analytical methods per ICH guidelines, plans, performs, analyzes, and documents routine and non-routine physical and chemical experiments, execution of degradation, leachable and extractable, and in-use studies, and provide technical tasks in collaboration with a multifunctional team, in support of approved projects.
• Provides technical leadership by solving problems of moderate to high complexity and developing practical solutions that are consistent with organization objectives and require creativity. Has general knowledge of most typical functional activities and deep knowledge in 1-2 specific areas such as chromatographic separations, spectroscopy, organic chemistry, or mass spectrometry.
• Hands-on data collection and analysis for routine and non-routine studies such as raw material and product testing, method development, method validation, and method transfer.
• Practical experience with modern analytical instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV/VIS, TGA, DSC.
• Experience with data management systems such as LIMS and Empower.
• Thoroughly and clearly documents experiments in laboratory notebooks, prepares technical documents including reports, procedures, and regulatory submissions.
• Communicates and collaborates with colleagues within the function, and within CMC or preclinical science sub-team. Communicates functionally with supervisor and mentor. Participates constructively in functional sub-teams and at lab meetings. Offers assistance and training to co-workers.
• General upkeep of laboratory, including equipment/instrumentation maintenance and qualification.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements • Fluent in English (oral and written).
• Education/experience: 0-3 years Ph.D.; 3-5 years M.S.; or 5+ years B.S.
• Functional/technical knowledge skills: Strong technical knowledge in functional area and provides technical leadership
A little about us:
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.