Master's degree in Virology, molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry, biophysics, immunology or other vaccinology related discipline
At least 10 years or PhD plus 5 years of experience in Vaccines Research in an industrial, academic or government laboratory setting
PhD is preferred.
• Good knowledge and understanding of GSK Vaccines strategy and objectives, regulatory requirements, as well as competition intelligence and intellectual property aspects. Ability to integrate this knowledge in decisions and recommendations.
• Excellent communication skills, need to appropriately manage the interfaces with Project Teams
• Fluency in English
• Able to efficiently manage uncertainty, changes in priority and timeline restrictions.
We are seeking several motivated Vaccine Scientists for our new U.S. R&D Center in Rockville, Maryland. You will have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of a new organization and site, and you will be part of a new culture of some of the best scientific minds in vaccine research.
• Key member of diverse team of vaccine scientists to design, characterize, optimize, evaluate and select vaccine candidates, and support platform technology development
• Has knowledge of related scientific disciplines as they apply to vaccine discovery/development.
• Has transversal overview of all related activities within the department
• Specialist in most relevant fields involving the team
• Demonstrates a detailed fundamental knowledge of own specialty area or scientific discipline.
• Has theoretical and operational knowledge of laboratory equipment in own discipline
• Fully understands the rationale and hypotheses for experimental designs
• Performs complex data management tasks with minimal supervision.
• Interprets results and communicates to his/her supervisor and/or designs next logical step of experiments based on interpretation of results.
• Executes a wide range of experiments/technical studies/tasks independently based on protocol.
• Designs and executes new methods and protocols related to area of expertise and/or proactively incorporates new technology or techniques into practice with minimal supervision.
• Prepares detailed oral or written summaries of results with interpretation for projects/programmes. Independently writes specific technical sections of internal, external reports, and scientific papers
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.