Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. is currently recruiting for Sr. Scientist, Tech Portfolio & IP to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Companies are committed to creating life-long solutions to vision care needs. Since the ACUVUE® Brand made its debut in 1987 as the world’s first disposable soft contact lens, the company has repeatedly brought innovative, quality, and scientific advancements to the industry. And we're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientist Technology Portfolio and IP, R&D, works within the organization to insure that knowledge is created and accessible within the PLM application and conducts activities to sustain, enhance and build the R&D PLM system and process.
This Senior Scientist champions organization wide knowledge sharing, so that the organization’s know-how, information and experience is shared inside and (as appropriate) outside the organization with business partners, and stakeholders.
This Senior Scientist works to develop procedures to ensure that the knowledge pertinent to research and new product development is captured and maintained within Teamcenter, R&D’s PLM System application. The candidate monitors Teamcenter for systems usage, effectiveness, and quality of data and communicates findings and drives improvement Initiatives. The candidate anticipates and resolves issues/barriers that impede usage and progress and ensures and/or develops appropriate methodologies, policies and procedures to deliver desired business results.
This Senior Scientist leads, influences, and negotiates to achieve business strategies and deliver results for internal business partners while providing mentoring and coaching to Teamcenter users.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
• Work directly with project teams to provide “how to” support, including, creating appropriate input strategies, resolving technical issues and one-on-one guidance, and troubleshooting enabling real time knowledge capture and audit readiness.
• Develop and disseminate metrics that indicate adherence to established quality and system requirements.
• Ensure the accessibility of the knowledge acquired from both research and development in support of new product initiatives through:
Evaluation of documents within the R&D PLM system.
Driving initiatives that ensure appropriate content is captured with the R&D PLM system.
Working across the product lifecycle with applicable business functions such as NPI and quality to insure that knowledge needs pertinent to the design history file deliverables are captured within the PLM system.
• Disseminate information about the organization's knowledge sharing program to internal and external business partners, including NPI and Quality while working with corporate MD&D to develop a single software focus to deliver business results.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, required in a relevant technical field -
Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Biology or
- Master’s degree preferred in a relevant technical field
(Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or Biology)
- Five (5+ years) of Product Development Experience in the
development of Medical Devices is strongly preferred.
- Three (3+ years) of demonstrated experience and competency in
the implementation of design controls, cGMP/ISO knowledge is required.
- Familiarity with information management systems is required.
- Familiarity with Teamcenter or other PLM experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and facilitating and
resolving cross-functional activities and issues is required.
- Excellent organizational,
interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function