Sr. Scrum Master
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry.
Life got you feeling a bit slow? Come be agile with us.
Capital One – a top 10 US bank needs scrum masters to help drive its Decisioning transformation.
In this role, you’ll use your experience with various flavors of Agile delivery to facilitate solutions in complicated scenarios.
You will work side-by-side with product owners and other Agile team members to build our next generation of decisioning systems.
Your experience probably includes a few of these, or if not, you’re ready to start learning:
- Professional experience leading Agile teams on technology projects
- Relevant Agile training and certifications
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- You enjoy being on high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You’re not content simply facilitating and regularly look for ways to roll up your sleeves to help the team meet commitments
- You have a knack for spotting and resolving ambiguity
- - You enjoy learning new things and mentoring more junior team members
- You look first to try to prevent problems, but eagerly dig in to solve them when they arise
- To you, the spirit of the team is just as important as the product it produces
-Oversee and provide guidance to a team of Agile Performers
-Drive Agile maturity and Innovation approaches across a Line of Business set of teams
-Coaching teams on the basics of Scrum in simple terms
-Drive continuous improvements for a Line of Business set of teams
-Provide consultative guidance to Line of Business delivery leadership
-Focusing teams to deliver value quickly
-Fostering a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
-Coordinating across other Agile teams for complex projects
-Leveraging data to measuring & monitoring progress against commitments
-Escalating and/or resolving impediments to help your team ship code
-Bachelor’s degree, or Military experience
-At least 1 year experience working in Agile teams
-2+ years of experience facilitating Agile teams on technology projects
-2+ years of experience managing projects
-1+ year of experience with Information Technology projects
-Certified Scrum Master
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.