Babel fish we are coming! In just the last year, the Microsoft Translator team has shipped the first mobile app with pure neural decoding to Huawei (http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-brings-linkedin-translator-apps-to-huaweis-mate-10-android-phones/ ), Presentation Translator (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/garage/profiles/presentation-translator/) and transferred 100% traffic to deep neural net models (https://lifehacker.com/microsoft-translator-upgrades-to-neural-network-based-t-1789054052). However, we are just getting warmed up :).
We are looking for a talented SDE to work on our core decoder infrastructure -- the translation workhorse. We are experimenting with different model architectures for online and offline (mobile) while innovating on the best possible model quality. As someone working and owning critical pieces of this infrastructure, you will work closely with other highly motivated NLP Research Scientists and plan to have the latest model architectures in production while maintaining a stable live site. You will work on hard NLP problems like entity and factoid handling, providing MT context vectors for partner teams along with ensuring we have a healthy live site. Entrepreneurship, strong collaboration, and self-drive are important qualities for the candidate to succeed in our team. This will be among the best work you ever did & I guarantee you will have excellent dinner conversations with your friends regarding the cool stuff you do!
• 8+ years software development experience
• A BA/BS degree in CS or related technical discipline
Successful candidates may have the following attributes:
• Deep knowledge of building high performance, highly available, reliable, distributed server/services software.
• Experience with NLP and/or ML systems.
• Designing systems and processes running at scale that are cost & operationally efficient.
• A strong background in Data Structures, Algorithms , analysis of algorithm complexity and efficient implementation of complex algorithms
• Expertise in .NET framework, C/C++, C# or equivalent programming languages and multi-threaded programming
• Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to work alongside a high-energy team
• Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.