Microsoft Business Process Outsource (BPO) Operations is responsible for the contracting, performance management, and continuous improvement execution activities for all outsourced global service providers supporting a wide range of business units within Microsoft Business Operations. Our Mission is to be trusted advisors who anticipate and operationally execute on BPO agreements and opportunities delivering value to both Microsoft and our Customers.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
The Global Service Delivery Manager will be accountable for end-to-end delivery of all in-scope Business Process Outsource (BPO) services and processes within one of our Microsoft Business Operations programs, as well as overall vendor performance of BPO services allocated to this role. He/she will have full responsibility for deploying and managing the day-to-day operations at the outsource service provider. He/she will be accountable for the successful implementation of all initiatives, programs and changes. This includes responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction is not compromised and that cost/benefit impacts are carefully evaluated. The role is located in Reno, NV and will work directly with a number of vendor operations located in Reno, Dublin, Singapore as well as in a range of offshore locations in Asia and Europe that deliver a range of BPO services as part of our Global network of operational delivery centers.
A successful candidate should be comfortable working within a highly matrix-driven multinational organization, exhibit solid organizational, communication, and negotiation skills, and have a strong customer focus.
• Manage the Vendor’s operational performance - monitor performance against Service Level Agreements and work with the vendor to address any performance issues
• Manage the day to day relationship between Microsoft and our outsourced vendors for specified lines of business
• Liaise with Global Service Delivery and Vendor Account Management teams on relevant planning or vendor contract management topics
• Planning and management of local month end / quarter end processes to ensure all key business processes are executed excellently as part of the Global operational plan
• Ensure outsourced Vendor processes meet global controls and compliance requirements
• Provide guidance, feedback, and leadership to drive the Vendor to achieve continuous improvement on all operational, quality, and satisfaction metrics
• Agree and monitor appropriate corrective action plans and deal with any local escalations
• Change Management - oversee vendor readiness to support new program launches, changes to business rules, processes and tools.
• Ensure SOPs are in place and executed consistent with global processes and best practices
• Project manage implementation of new processes to production stage at vendors
• Assist in arranging and conducting local vendor compliance audits to ensure vendor is meeting MSOW requirements
Essential qualities include:
• Strong communication and influencing skills - person needs to be able to manage BPO delivery and expectations
• Strong business knowledge and ability to set clear expectations for Vendor based around business outcomes within a global multi-site operation
• Proven experience of influencing other organizations where their support is critical to success
• Ability to work across groups managing individuals both directly and indirectly to achieve a common goal
• A good understanding of change management, the importance of it, approaches, key tasks and timelines
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multinational environment working across multiple lines of business
• Very strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• 6 years minimum Operations or Process/Systems experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience constructing or architecting systems and processes to support data, change management, training, or process improvement
• Strong, accumulated outsourcing management experience in an offshore environment supporting a global delivery business - must have both contract management and service delivery related experience
• Strong project/ program management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Able to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity within virtual team. Working knowledge of international business practices.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Project) products
• MBA is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.