Organization Summary: To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Quality of service (QoS) is paramount as we continue to make deep investment in Microsoft Azure and its expanding customer base who rely on our services to run their diverse businesses. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
• This role is to work as a senior member of a small engineering team.
• Your work will be high impact with initial delivery in less than 6 months.
• Great core development skills are a must have and we also strongly prefer candidates who have expertise in the areas of building extensible high scale service platforms.
• You will be a Key member of the team who will own the implementation and full lifecycle of large portions of the solutions in C#. Senior engineers on our team are all mentors.
• If you are passionate about sharing your experiences and growing your peers, this is the team for you. Additionally, you should possess strong collaboration skills, and be a good team player there?s service engineering teams across Azure that we must partner with.
• Proactively identify and resolve people, process and technology issues to reduce incident mitigation time Solve manual issues through automation improvements
• Collaborate on the design of the overall service with a strong preference for service reliability and automated troubleshooting.
• Extensive development and unit testing in C#
• Research, architect, develop and deliver solutions in an agile development environment.
• BS in Computer Science or 4 years of equivalent work experience
• At least 7 years of experience as a software engineer, coding an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C#, or C++
• MBA is a plus
• A drive to improve interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment
• Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
• Demonstrable ability to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity
• Focused on writing high quality code and demonstrated use of test automation to ensure said quality
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge and proven experience designing, developing, and operating large scale internet-scale services
• Genuine interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
• Extensive knowledge and experience designing for operability
• Systematic problem-solving approach
• Demonstrated ability to communicate business and technical ideas to varied audiences across disciplines, including peer engineers, product managers and management
• Strong ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
• Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
You will be required to pass Microsoft background checks prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter. Further details regarding this process will be provided in follow up correspondence.? AZSRE
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.