The Sr. Services Product Analyst is responsible for driving the commercialization activities for the new subscription services within the Integrated Offering portfolio. Role includes cost modeling, pricing analysis and recommendations, working with Corporate, Finance, Business Unit stakeholders, Product Management, and Commercial Team on subscription packages. Additional duties include competitive analysis, working with multiple CRM and ERP system, and proficient with Excel and understanding of software and deferred revenue recognition models.
The Senior Services Product Analysts reports to the Director of Strategy and Product Management. The position is located in Boca Raton, Florida.
The Sr. Services Analyst responsibilities include
- Cost model and pricing analysis for services and subscription offerings
- Finance/business setup and related Legal issues
- Handling pricing in new ways (portal usage, consumption billing, etc.)
- Invoicing and receiving payments (Credit card, Apple pay, Google pay)
- Billing questions/support
- Adding services and paying online
- Manages off services and renewals
- Linkages between order management and fulfillment for non-physical goods
- Linkages between BU and Salesforce (SFDC)
- Liaison to Finance tax, controllership, etc.
- Identifying, provision, maintain portal
- Supporting enterprise ability to bundle solutions
Specific activities for this position include:
- Develops in cooperation with IT and other stakeholders the commercial operations solutions
- Manages existing projects, collaboration with IT and R&D, and external partners.
- Monitors the financial performance of all assigned products/regions.
- Monitors services product forecasts and delivery plans to assess and report progress and/or address issues or gaps.
- Works closely with customer service to define and execute product training and knowledge transfer.
- Develops and maintains competitive analysis reports/assessments and SWOT analysis.
- Analyzes pricing and programs of competitor products to determine relative position of current offerings.
- Understands the future services technology and platforming needs of the businesses; works with other key stakeholders to evaluate and assess new technologies.
- Leverages Agile methodologies and lean startup philosophies.
- Translates feedback from market research and customer pain points into clear use cases and user requirements.
- Builds trusting relationships and cooperative strategies with the services product managers of Tyco's business units.
- Work closely with Integrated Offerings Product Management, Development Leaders, Dev and ProdOps on software costs, consumptions - forecast demand to build cost model - review monthly and then working with BU commercial leaders on pricing of these subscriptions
- Monthly forecast and review of margin, revenue, and associated usage
- Agile development processes.
- Use case vision design and articulation of business and customer value.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Attentive listener, using dialogue as a means to explore what is optimal and builds shared understanding and alignment.
- Encourages the expression of a diversity of opinions in order build commitment to recommendations and plans.
- Communicates with and involve stakeholders to create alignment to shared goals and objectives.
- Builds cooperative relationships across stakeholder groups and strong partnerships with target groups seminal to strategic success.
- Emphasizes interdependence over independence of action, focusing on what is best for the Enterprise while building strong relationships with leaders.
- Encourages cross-boundary teamwork and collaboration founded on trust, mutual respect and shared goals.
- Engineering degree and/or MBA
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Minimum Preference Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with 4 years related experience.
- Four (4) year degree in business/finance, marketing or an engineering/technical field.
- Two (2) years' experience in a customer facing or product development role.
- Two (2) years' experience as a product manager.
- 3-5 years working with services commercial operations.
- Experience with Salesforce.com/CRM experience and capabilities, BI/DI analytics and reporting, revenue recognition for non-product sales.
- Strong preference for experience working with IoT services, security and safety products and services, and related industries and markets.
Technical Skills - The successful product manager will demonstrate a combination of desirable attributes:
- Sound knowledge of customers and influencers regarding commercial operations of products, features, solutions.
- Experience in services product management.
- Keen curiosity to understand the broader picture of the industry.
- Goal-oriented with a strong drive for success.
- Clear bias to collaboration to achieve results.
- Excellent communications skills written and verbal.
- Strong organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of balance sheets, ROI and P&L reports.
- Strong understanding of market data and interpretation.
- Strong understanding of IP networks, IoT services, security and safety products and services, and related industries and markets.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, SharePoint, Exchange.
- Capable to deliver convincing presentations on products to sales, R&D, marketing and senior staff.
This position may require domestic and/or international travel up to 25% of the time
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.