At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon Nuclear is looking for a Sr. Site Specialist NDE (Non-Destructive Examination) at our Clinton Power station in Clinton, IL (Central IL)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Acts as a single point of contact for the assigned site for all NDE implementation issues. Provides NDE expertise to the sites to assist in answering questions regarding techniques and applications. Project manages the preparation and execution for an outage for the assigned site. Assists other site NDE Site Specialists (Level III ANSD Certification) during outages or large scope non-outage periods. Manages non-outage NDE that is required for respective site to ensure proper resources are scheduled to perform the work. Sets priorities for schedulers/planners to ensure outage milestones are accomplished. Works with vendors to ensure scope of work is clearly understood and proper resources are scheduled to perform the work. Performs emergent NDE when necessary. Provides Training/Qualification/Certification and procedure development. Performs vendor procedure and certification review and approval.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Project manages outage preparation and execution for site NDE scopes
- Performs non-outage NDE and oversight
- Provides contractor control and oversight
- Provides training, qualification, certification, and development
- Leverage technology improvements across NDE organization
- Minimum 10 years experience in ISI / NDE
- Experience in ASME code requirements
- Knowledgeable in ISI databases
- Experience in project management
- Maintain Level III ANSD certification
- BS degree (technical or business)
- Knowledgeable in Risk Informed ISI
- Knowledgeable in various NDE methods
- Provides leadership and direction for preparing and/or performing NDE activities at the respective site.
- Responsible for the pursuit of cost reductions and maximizing value on all assigned projects.
- Provides NDE expertise to the site regarding techniques, applications, past/present exams as well training/certifications/procedure development.
- Review and approve contractors personnel certifications, procedures and equipment.
- Recommend and advise engineering on identification of ASME Section XI and augmented inspection program components to be examined.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.