GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
In this role you will be responsible for making our software development process faster, more streamlined and as automated as possible. The individual will take the responsibility for design & implementing the continuous integration build, packaging our software for effortless deployment. You will fully own and manage the operation and integration of the tools we use in global software development.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Provide strategic direction & implement state of the art software continuous integration infrastructure that will support enhance and grow our CI and CD capabilities for global software team
2. Uses industry best practices to improve Build, Release and Continuous integration processes
3. Demonstrates expert knowledge in developing and executing automated builds and scripts
4. Provide strategic direction & implement state of the art System solutions and infrastructure to support global software development activities
5. Enable the developer community with the adoption of best practices around continuous integration, configuration management, containers and DSL builds
6. Support process improvements, drive efficiency across teams, eliminating redundancy by leveraging software tools and process automation
7. Assist with technical roadmap planning & upgrades for strategic tool suites
8. Support automation and integration of tools with web-based dashboards for displaying code, build, test results
9. Research new tools and technologies to keep our software on the cutting edge
10. Collaborate with Global Software Engineering, Architecture, Program & IT teams to influence and drive operational excellence and system best practices
11. Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal development processes
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
2. 6+ years of experience in object oriented design and programming in a production software environment using Agile/Waterfall development methodologies
3. Experience in scripting languages such as Python/Perl
4. Experience in supporting software build and continuous deployment systems and tools such as Electric Commander, Jenkins/Hudson, NexusPro/Artifactory or equivalent
5. Experience in configuration management tools such as Perforce/GitHub/Clearcase
6. Experience with build tools such as MAKE/ANT/MAVEN
7. Experience in software development on Linux platform
U.S. (Country) Specific Qualifications:
1. Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time
2. Must be willing to work in our [city, state] facility full-time
3. Must submit application for employment through gecareers.com (or COS if internal) to be considered
4. Must be 18 years of age or older
5. Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
6. Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Control FDRs and NPI program milestones
5. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
1. Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
2. Experience working as Scrum Master
3. Knowledge of Infrastructure automation framework (Chef/Puppet/Ansible)
4. Experience in virtualized environment (VMWare) set-up, maintenance & ongoing development
6. Working knowledge of software as a service (SaaS), micro-service, Docker, Amazon AWS
7. Self-starter who is motivated to learn and is at ease working as part of a team of highly talented professionals
8. An appetite for taking intelligent risks and willingness to experiment new technologies & methodologies.
9. The ability to take an idea and run with it, while also being a great team player
10. Dependable, hands-on problem solver obsessed with automating processes with excellent organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented but moves fast
11. Excellent written and verbal communication
12. Knowledge of Software development cycle and product delivery as applicable to the medical device industry
13. Knowledge of GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes (QMS, ePDM)
14. Attention to detail and ability work independently towards timely completion of a variety of assignments
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.