GE Digital Overview
GE (NYSE: GE) is the world's Digital Industrial Company,
transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are
connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange
of knowledge through which each business shares and accesses the same
technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels
innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people,
services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by
speaking the language of industry.
Predix is the world's first and only cloud-based operating
system built exclusively for industrial companies. It is now available for
licensing externally beyond GE across a broad range of industries to manage and
optimize both GE and non-GE assets. As the only industrial strength OS, Predix
allows for familiar, frictionless connectivity, yet offers the security,
regulation and certifications that industry demands. With 50 billion machines
expected to come online by 2020, the Industrial Internet's impact on GE, our
customers and the world is tremendous. Everything is amplified on an industrial
level. Bigger machines, bigger business, bigger issues, bigger
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Software Business Ops Ldr - Commercial Ops
Services Project Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Atlanta, Chicago
The Software Business Operations Leader for Commercial Operations is responsible to support the commercial team of Power Digital Solutions and facilitate the engagement of the Customer Success Organization in support of all deals.
This role will be measured by profitability (contribution
margin) and revenue growth and requires a combination of commercial,
consultative, project management and technical skills, combined with solid
understanding of Power Digital Software solutions & service offerings in
order to deliver continued presence and impact of the business.
The position will involve close collaboration with the rest
of the Customer Success team, especially with Implementation and support leads,
solution architects, ITO commercial operations, as well as with regional
business development and sales teams.
The position will require developing a broad level of understanding of
current capabilities, and being able to respond to both known and newly formed
Commercial Support for Power Digital Solutions &
* Point of contact for Sales/pre-sales to manage inbound
support of services opportunities with practice areas, and outbound
communication back to sales
* Coordinates across Power Digital customer success teams to
support inbound requests and coordinate the cross-selling and selling of more
value-added Services that include the breadth of offerings of the total Power
Digital Services business.
* Manages responses to clients' Requests for Proposal (RFP)
from Customer Success standpoint to reach go/no-go decision, and ensures timely
and complete responses.
* Proactively monitors and manages Customer Success project
pipeline via SFDC and engages in follow-up with stakeholders.
* Manages Services bidding on opportunities by coordinating
proposal development across Services practice areas including, scope, timeline,
and proposed fees and the contractual terms and conditions covered by the
outstanding MSA or new agreements.
* Reviews all financial bids for Services projects to ensure
margin targets for each proposal are met, using value-based approach to
determine optimal pricing.
* Creates and manages Statement of Work (SOW)/Service Offering
* Reviews project profitability metrics with Operations team
to drive process improvement in bidding and pricing efforts.
* Supports change management process driven by changes in
project scope and/or overages, and engages with customers to implement adequate
Communication and Collaboration
* Supports resource planning activities for business
development/pre-sales tasks, and makes requests to "soft-book" resources on
projects that are in contractual negotiation and close to reaching closure.
* Works closely with sales, technical sales and solution
scientists/specialists across the region, so customers experience one GE Power
Digital team from inception to project closure and no disruptions occur with
handovers in teams or staff.
* When appropriate, participates in leadership meetings to
represent Customer Success in the region.
Financial and Operating Responsibility
* Coordination across stakeholders to ensure appropriate
Commercial and Operational structuring of proposal and contracts, including
accurate bids and satisfactory margins for Services projects
* Implementation of operational levers (change orders) due to
* Contractual negotiations of commercial elements/terms
* Engagement of the Customer Success team as appropriate in
support of all deals
* Manage financial & operating structure for each project
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree; advanced (Master's or MBA)
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for
employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in San
Ramon, CA, Atlanta, GA, OR Chicago, IL.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Understanding of Customer Success business operations and
* Demonstrated business acumen and experience with commercial
negotiation and pricing of professional services
* Problem solving mindset, ability to collaborate across teams
and business divisions to assemble solutions to customer problems
* Ability to consider isolated scope change requests in the
context of the larger picture to ensure the integrity of the overall contract
is not compromised
* Ability to balance the requests of the Sales organization
with the Commercial and Operational needs of the Business
* Strong oral and written English language skills
* Builds strong relationships internally and externally with
* Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional and
cross-cultural project teams
* Prior experience with commercial, financial and operating
accountability for a professional services organization
* At least 3-6 years' experience supporting the selling and delivery
of professional services
* Experience working with Sales organization in support of
defining and supporting the sales of professional services; knowledge of
processes and tools required to effectively support sales
* Track record and references that support positive and
productive relationships with sales
* Previous exposure to Software as a Service (SaaS)
engagements preferred; basic knowledge and understanding of Life Sciences
and/or Scientific Research helpful#DTR
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.