At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address core business challenges within MetLife. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Cary Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
The BI & Analytics Senior Data Visualization Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide Business Intelligence applications supporting development projects following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC). Focus on this role will be on Data Visualization, including the development of visual representations of data using dashboards, charts, graphs, and traditional reporting approaches. Functional Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the analysis, technical design, development, and implementation of Business Intelligence services using existing and emerging vendor technology and homegrown shared service solutions.
- Majority of interaction is with application development teams, communication with business partners will also be required.
- Serve as Senior Data Visualization developer supporting a diverse project pipeline
- Analysis includes capacity planning, collaboration with application team on requirements, implementation planning, usage pattern analysis, and testing as necessary.
- Monitors operating efficiency of shared service usage.
- Supports, maintains shared service environments in Development, Test, DR and Production. Maintains records of revisions and effort.
- Analysis of organizational needs and goals for shared service based on demand from application systems.
- Maintains and participates in vendor relationship programs and provides support as requested by vendor.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
None. Mentor more junior staff. Reviews work products from team, software vendors, and vendor consultants. Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of related work experience with Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Extensive experience in Reporting, Data Visualization, Data Analysis
- Solid experience with data visualization design, including the development of high quality graphics and presentations for senior leaders and executives
- Displays strong understanding of multiple existing and emerging database technologies
- Expert knowledge of data visualization best practices
- Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS and D3
- 2+ Years' experience with Data Visualization tool such as Qlikview , Qlik Sense, Tableau
- Data Modeling/Data Warehouse background
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or other related field preferred, or 10 years of equivalent work experience.
10% Business Category
Global Technology and Operations
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 11M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.