At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address core business challenges within MetLife. Job Location
United States : Florida : Tampa Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
MetLife is seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer who will be responsible for the support, development, and implementation of Financial Reporting solutions.
The Sr. Software Development Engineer is responsible for the analysis, design, development, and deployment of complex Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application platform. In addition, the Sr. Software Development Engineer will work with other team members to support financial regulatory reporting submissions.
The candidate will work with business partners to document requirements, code technical solutions, support/perform system testing, analyze issues, provide solution recommendations, and support regulatory reporting generation. Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for detailed technical design and development of multiple medium-to-large scale, complex applications using Oracle HFM/FDM and related products.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large scale system.
- Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms
- Converts specifications about business problems into programming instructions.
- Resolves complex technical issues
- Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments
- Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
- Provides technical and analytical support and guidance to team members and business partners
- Provides support and resolves issues related to Production and regulatory report generation & submissions
- Prepare IT related documentation deliverables
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong understanding of creating HFM business rules, data structures, system configuration, integration points, and application tools
- Experience supporting global Financial Systems and Financial Reports
- Technical Background the Oracle Products:
- Hyperion Financial Management HFM
- HFM metadata design, consolidation rules, currency translations, intercompany eliminations and maintenance of member lists.
- Have intermediate experience with Oracle EPM's Financial Reports, Smartview & working with a "classic" HFM application.
- Financial Data Quality Management(FDM)
- FDM location setup, configuration, rules and script development and target adaptor integration
- Financial Reporting (FR)
- Possess strong skills in creating complex reports.
- Strong Integration and automation experience with FDM
- Writing and executing test plans, code migration, requirements and design documents.
- Experience with VB Script, MS PowerShell, Batch File Development, SQL
- IBM Tivoli Maestro or other enterprise job scheduling software experience
- Version control software experience (StarTeam, Build Forge, PVCS, Visual Source Safe)
- Financial or insurance industry experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong functional knowledge of Consolidation processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to details is critical for this role
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Experience with Oracle's Hyperion Financial Close suite. This includes HFM, FDM and Financial Reporting.
- Experience with XBRL a plus
- Financial or insurance industry experience a plus
- MS Office Suite of Products-Intermediate skills-Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Business systems analysis and documenting business and technical requirements
- Experience with SDLC, unit testing, code migration
- Experience with accounting concepts and financial close process a plus
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field preferred, or equivalent work experience required. Travel
5-10% with some possible international travel
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 11M
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.