Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
MetLife is seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer who will be responsible for the support, development, and implementation of Financial Reporting solutions.
The candidate will work with business partners to successfully meet Financial Reporting submissions by enabling efficient solutions through automation.
The Sr. Software Development Engineer is responsible for the analysis, development, and support of complex Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application platform. In addition, the Sr. Software Development Engineer will work with other team members to support financial regulatory reporting submissions.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, and resolving complex technical issues across multiple IT solutions
- Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms
- Coordinates changes and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments
- Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
- Provides technical and analytical support to team members and business partners
- Provides support and resolves issues related to Production and regulatory report generation & submissions
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong understanding of HFM system configuration, integration points, and application tools
- HFM metadata design, consolidation rules, currency translations, intercompany eliminations and maintenance of member lists.
- Familiarity with Oracle EPM’s Financial Reports, Smartview & working with a “classic” HFM application.
- Financial Data Quality Management(FDM)
- FDM location setup, configuration, rules and script development and target adaptor integration
- Financial Reporting (FR)
- Possess strong skills in creating complex reports.
- Writing and executing test plans, code migration, requirements and design documents.
- Experience with VB Script, MS PowerShell, Batch File Development, SQL
- Enterprise job scheduling software experience (IBM Tivoli Maestro); Version control software experience (StarTeam, Build Forge, PVCS, Visual Source Safe)
- Attention to details is critical for this role. Excellent problem solving skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 49721
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.