At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address core business challenges within MetLife. Responsible for detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. May have customer interaction. Converts specifications about business problems into programming instructions. Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests; revises as necessary. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large scale system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Provides technical support to technical vendor resources. As appropriate; designs and codes business process models; designs and codes business rules and algorithms. Performs related duties as assigned or requested. Job Location
United States : Florida : Tampa Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
This position is for a Business Intelligence Developer, specifically for Oracle Business Intelligence 11g and 12c. This role is very specific to developing in the RPD. The candidate will interface with report developers, but will not develop reports in this role. In this role, the Senior Software Development Engineer will be capable of designing, developing and implementing the meta data component of the OBI 11g and/or 12c data warehouse in support of packaged data warehousing applications as well as customized applications, following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC). The candidate will be expected to interface with business users, report developers, Systems Analysts, DBAs and ETL developers to contribute towards well-designed, and well-tuned solutions. The Senior Software Development Engineer contributes to software development activities on one or more projects of moderate to high complexity. In this role you will be responsible for the successful completion of technical deliverables and software development, overseeing and/or guiding the activities other team members. You will have the opportunity to serve as mentor for more junior team members helping them learn and grow. Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation of the meta data component of OBI for new and existing applications following the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Responsible for detailed technical design and development of applications
- Collaborate with in-house and offshore IT teams across the enterprise to ensure technical designs and implementations account for requirements, standards, and best practices.
- Provide technical solutions and perform application troubleshooting under sometimes tight deadlines
- Experience in identifying bottlenecks, and tuning components
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested and with frequent internal customer interaction.
- Share knowledge via design reviews and code reviews
- 5+ years OBI RPD Development experience
- 7+ years Data Warehousing implementation experience
- 8+ years SQL Query experience, particularly with Oracle DB
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related discipline
- Experience with OBIEE 12c
- Previous experience in insurance, financial services or management consulting organizations
- 8-10+ years of work experience
- 4+ years leading team members
- Implementation experience with OBIA HR Analytics and/or Financial Analytics
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (Waterfall, Agile)
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks
- May lead and direct the work of others
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and professional client interaction skills
- Excellent team player, quick learner, detail oriented and responsible
- Strong analytical, management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast pace and changing environment along with new technological innovations
- Able to communicate and get along well with other coworkers
- Experience with Essbase a plus
- Experience with Mobile Application Development a plus
- Experience developing with Informatica (ETL) a plus
Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. 8+ years of related work experience. Travel
<10% Business Category
Global Technology and Operations Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, martial or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 11M
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.