We are a newly formed group within Oracle working on solving some really hard problems. We are like a startup inside a large company with a big charter and lot of creative freedom. We have assembled some of the smartest people in the industry and are growing this team. If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, build new products from the ground up with state of the art technology, high level creativity, please review our requirements:
Preferred Skills & Characteristics:
- A forward thinker who is passionate about developing highly innovative breakthrough technologies, has the endurance and resilience to make innovation happen.
- Open to thinking out of the box, is innovative, and can work with new and different artificial intelligence/intelligent computing paradigms.
- Indicates superior capabilities in abstract, verbal, and spatial reasoning, able to build complex systems mentally and then implement them with a sharp eye for detail.
- Has the ability to analyze the meaning of language deeply and accurately, feeling comfortable with legal, technical, and scientific language.
- 8 years of experience as a Software Developer in a technology company
- Programming skills in a language such as Java, Python, Lua, C/C /C#.
Ideally you meet several of the criteria below:
- Strong interest in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Reasoning, or related fields.
- Capable of quickly becoming familiar with new approaches to AI and computational comprehension.
- Fluency in English and a good communicator both orally and in writing.
- Excited about working in a team of highly diverse, creative people, all aiming for the same goal and mutually supportive of each other.
- Have what it takes to break new ground and implement radical innovation, facing skepticism, incumbent conservatism, and strong resistance to change in general - with a positive, constructive approach and attitude.
- You are an expert on or have experience with machine learning or NLP.
- You have experience in machine learning algorithm development
- You are deeply curious and knowledgeable about the nuts and bolts of search engines, databases, and other data systems.
- Big Data Technologies experience with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Spark, Cassandra, etc.
- You have been exploring or working on some of the latest advancements in the deep learning space. [Tensorflow, seq2seq, RNN, word2vec, etc.]
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- You pay an intense amount of attention to the quality of the product, data, and code you produce.
- You would not stop until you find out why the thing you built does not work as expected.
- You are a great story teller, visual thinker, or empathetic listener.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.